“Stay at your own risk”

Budget Inn Santa Fe Springs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Stay at your own risk”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a single night. During the night, a large roach flew onto my pillow and landed on my head. After reporting this to the hotel manager, he insisted the room is very clean and there is no roaches. After showing him the photo I quickly took before flushing the roach down toilet, he then insisted the roaches and rats come from the outside.

I booked this hotel after seeing a bunch of glowing (5 star/point) reviews. After staying there for single night, I can confirm the 5 points reviews are grossly in-accurate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ht24ht24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

I decided to not listen to the reviews and stay since it was cheap. The manager was rude and told us immediately that we would not get extra towels..we had to pay for a iron that didn't even work! Its just nasty next time i will pay more for another hotel ... The breakfasts was digesting all there was is tost and muffins nd nasty orange juice/apple juice

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank bribri99

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe Springs hotels

California, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is my third stay at this hotel. I really appreciate the price and the lovely rooms. All so big it's like a studio apartment on a poor mans budget able to feel like a king or queen. Breakfast is simple and good. Beds are PERFECT. Everything is clean, no fears, no bed bugs just comfortable and honest people. The management here really are careful of whom they allow to stay here. Everyone respects the other. YES I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL VERY HIGHLY!

Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank buttonsandblessings
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I decided to not listen to the reviews and stay since it was cheap. The manager was rude and told us immediately that we would not get extra towels or anything. We booked for 2 days and after the first night we had to leave, we didn't even care to lose the money we had posted already.. First of all it smells horrible pleasure and inside so there its not even a way to use the pool. There are bed bugs and the most uncomfortable mattress I've slept in. we were all scratching all night and couldn't wait to get up and leave!! Also the breakfast was only bread and juice! Don't stay is not even worth the cheap price...

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank karen0915
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I use to attend the motel since 2007 when I was first homeless. I would go there on the weekends and have been a regular customer ever since then. However there was always a man who worked there that would give me a hard time. He wasa middle eastern man with dark hair and adark mustache. I would go to get a room and he would immediately tell me that he didn't have any. The manager at that time would then check after I notified him about the problem and he would check and found a room. This happened on several occasions. Ever since the old manager left I have had more problems with this man than I did before. On the evening of Wednesday August 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM I went to attempt to get a room for the night and the same man immediately told me no once again that he "didn't have any rooms available." He did not check or anything, but the parking lot was half empty when I entered. I told him that he had to have at least one room and he told me to leave. I went back to my car but I still did not believe him. Before leaving I drove around the place and found a bunch of room that looked to be empty with their curtains opened. He lied once again. I went back to notify the man and he told me to get out and never come back again. I told him that I have been a regular customer for four years and had never given them any problem. He told me that did not care. I asked for the manager and he told me that he was the manager. I asked him what reason did he have to ban me from the facility for since I gave him none. He responded by "N----- you better leave now or I will make you." I didn't appreciate how he called me the N word. I was upset and told him not to refer me to that name. He repeatedly used the N word once more and told me that I would die if I ever came back again. I left feeling threatened, really angry, and discriminated. That was not the only time I had a problem

On New Years Day I went to attempt to get a room from the Budget Inn since all of the other motels in that area were completely full. This time the manager that is now in charge was there helping a customer at the main desk. After he was done he immediately turned his back to me. Once I got his attention he turned and looked at me and stater "Your kind is no longer welcome here." I asked himwhat he meant by that and he told me that if I did not leave right away that he was going to call the police. I left angrily. This place is runned by two prejudice middle eastern brothers who don't give a damn about their customers. The second building of that place wasthe only legit rooms there. The others sucked that had runned down walls old rugs and dirty bathrooms with cold shower water. Better off going to Motel 6. Do not waste your money on this dump

Room Tip: If you need to stay for whatewver reason the rooms in the second building are legit.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David D
Big Bear Lake, CA
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The hotel is located very close to a train track and the freeway. The noise of trains going by - sometimes 3 an hour was awful. There was also constant freeway noises and honking. The carpeting was dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. There was water damage in the ceiling and it looked like it was ready to fall in. At 6 in the morning loud construction began on the railway and two employees were loudly having a discussion outside my room.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mtnspapro
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have been a customer of this hotel since 2007 off and on.With my over nights stays or weekly stays at this budget inn has been a home away from home and i mean away.. Being from Mississippi a long way from home, it has the freindiest, set of personal through out the several states that ive traveled thru, this budget inn Is the; CLEANIEST,NICEST,and the most HELPFUL staff i have ever seen involed as if they were the OWNERS,which they are not,and the owners should really pay the manager SAM and his staff very high wages,cause they are the BEST in the BUSSINESS....THANKS to SAM and his STAFF from RENE NOBLE......

Room Tip: You better hope they have a room available when you come ...they sell out fast, daily...check in ear...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 18 in Buena Park
Knights Inn Buena Park/Anaheim
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Norwalk
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Budget Inn Santa Fe Springs? Share your experiences!