“Old sckool sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 February 2012

They have good sushi bar and returning local happy customers

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We are locals, and as locals we tend to find restaurants that we like and stick with them! Atari-Ya Japanese Restaurant is one of those! We frequent this restaurant probably twice or three times a month - have birthdays in their back room, or out front depending on the size of our party, and go there at lunch while working. We have had them make platters for our business open houses, as well as for home functions. The food is excellent, the service you cannot beat! The servers and cooks have been there for - well, as long as I've been going (12+ years?) so they really know the menu. They say 'hi' and 'goodbye' upon your arrival/departure. The owner usually finds us to say 'hi' personally since we've been going there forever. She is so sweet! They always make you feel welcome! (Oh - the miso-soy dressing on the salad is to-die-for!) Go there once and you'll be back!

1  Thank pattyouellet
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The restaurant is in a small shopping center behind a larger one and we would not have found it except for the recommendations we found on Trip Advisor. It was worth looking for. The service was excellent, the prices very reasonable, food was great and the portions were very large. We were very happy with our experience here.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I'm 1/2 Japanese, and this restaurant reminds me of my mom's cooking. Soooo good! Try the curry or the tonkatsu, the best! My daughter loves the teriyaki chicken dinner and she's very picky. We love the sushi, although the rolls are just a wee bit too big for me. You get your money's worth. Keiko, thank you for all the dining pleasure we enjoy everytime we eat at your restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

A little hole-in-the-wall in an out-of-the-way strip mall, Atari Ya is easy to miss...but one that you'll regret if you do. I loved this place the moment we stepped inside. It *feels* like Japan. The food is amazing and the specials are incredibly affordable. My favorites are the curried rice and the "Atari Ya Special" (Chicken Teriyaki, California Roll, Gyoza, and Green Salad, with Sunomono, Miso Soup & Steamed Rice, $10/lunch or $12/dinner).
There are numerous Japanese restaurants on the central coast, but in my opinion, this is the best.

2  Thank SPDL_at_SM