All reviewssmall airportlocal airportairport runwayfun to watchbreakfast buffetnice hotelcorner suiterooms are cleanpleasant staybusiness tripwould stay here againbusiness centersmall refrigeratorcar showcentral coasthot tubgreat room
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed in the Radisson for business in March 2012. I think what made this stay notable is the front desk staff. Although different people were present, each of them greeted us when we entered. The restaurant on site was good and convenient as well with friendly staff. The hotel is right at the airport and you can watch the aircraft. I fly a lot but these smaller craft were interesting. Also, the fog rolls in over the hills and adds mystery to your view, so make sure you have a runway view. Good city, good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Santa Maria on Saturday, September 8th. My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted somewhere between Solvang and Pismo Beach where we could stay and relax...and this property was perfect. We were in a corner suite with a private patio, overlooking the pool. Our room was clean and well-stocked. The front desk staff was courteous and very efficient. The property has everything including a restaurant, bar, pool, jacuzzi, etc. The Sunday brunch was amazing! All in all, I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Family trip (7 of us) to the Oceano Beach dunes, we were lucky to get a couple of rooms here at the very last minute on Saturday evening of Labor Day. Very nice rooms, very clean and sleep number beds are very comfortable; you will get a very good night sleep. The hotel has ample parking, very helpful staff and quiet surroundings being so far from the freeway and traffic. Nice restaurant with large model airplanes hanging from the ceiling – nice touch for being next to an airport. The hotel is a bit out of the way, but it’s close to a large shopping area with lots of stores and restaurants. Didn’t take pictures except of a Cessna taking off early in the morning right outside the window. I would recommend this hotel if you want an alternative to the cheap motels and need a nice, comfortable place to rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the runway if you or your kids like airplanes.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Last minute trip late at night needed a room. We are Carlson Club members so thought I would use some of my points and cash. The carpets in room and hallways were dirty and stained, ice machine did not work (however a nice employee brought me some), there was a medium sized tear in the drapes. Was not what I expected. Employees were all very nice. Would not return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your standards and that you were not 100% satisfied during your stay. We strive for excellence here at the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria and I assure you these issues have been addressed with management and staff. However ,I am happy to hear our staff was able to provide you with great customer service and that they were able to accommodate your needs. Thank you again and, I am hoping that at some point in the near future you may see fit to give us another try. We are confident that your experience and impressions will be improved upon.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I found this hotel, because it was close to my son's go kart track. We stayed here two consecutive week one night each. The location for us was very convenient.
We ended up getting the same room both times, that was room 301. This particular room was somewhat smaller, than expected, but had all the amenities as other hotels, and since we stayed only one night, it was not an issue. The room and bathroom was very clean. I liked the linen and comforter. One of the beds ( we had two queens) was a little bit too firm for my shoulders.
The atrium and it's decoration is nice (airplanes). We had only breakfasts in the restaurant. Typical American breakfast with decent selection. No complaints. Plenty of parking places, that was important for us, since we drove a truck with a trailer.

Although the hotel is next to the local airport, it was very quiet.

The only complaints I would have is that second time I needed a two nights stay (Thursday and Friday) and an extra room for Friday, but the hotel was fully booked two days before arrival for Friday. I had to book two rooms in Travelodge for Friday, that was only $10 cheaper but a lot farther. When I checked out from Radisson, the receptionist lady (who was very nice) said that they had 17 rooms available for Friday night... all cancellation. I paid Travelodge fully in advance, so I couldn't cancel it. I know it is not Radisson's fault, but somebody should think about a reservation system that addresses this issue. Maybe by offering waiting lists or a priority reservation by full non refundable advance payment. Just a suggestion...
I recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you Susie for such a great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our accommodations suited you well. we appreciate your comments are they have been noted. Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria, we hope to see you back soon!