“It is what it is”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Houston, Texas
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Like the title says, this place is what it is. Great location to the airport. It is inexpensive, and for the most part clean. The beds IMO are not all that comfortable, but there are simply not that many options in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our property! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel accommodating to your needs. However I do apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our sleep number beds, perhaps during your next stay we can provide you with better directions on how to find your perfect number. We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Normally I like Radisson when I travel but not the one in Santa Maria. While there are several good things about the hotel: next door to the Santa Maria Airport, quiet, clean, nice staff; etc. However, there is one overwhelming negative that will not bring me back here again - If you have Sprint cellular or a Sprint enabled laptop you will get NO SERVICE inside the hotel!

Imagine my surprise when while on a consulting assignment with the City of Santa Maria I got ZERO SPRINT CELL PHONE OR COMPUTER SERVICE. I have to make all of my cell phone calls outside in the parking lot! Really?!The hotel was nice enough to send a tech down to see if he could solve my problem. No such luck. He told me that the building's walls are so think with concrete that cell phone serivce is often difficult. Wow, thanks for telling me that before I checked in........

My suggestion is that if you absoultely have to stay in SM you stay in North SM at the Holiday Inn just off the freeway at the Broadway Exit. Radisson management: wake up! You know that this is a consistent complaint with your patrons. Do something about this problem to boost cell phone and laptop transmissions.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced I realize this must have been very frustrating for you and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have contacted sprint to try and remedy this issue and we are hoping to fix this problem. Thank you again for giving us valuable feedback and we hope you will stay with us in the future when your travels bring you back to the area.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I've stayed at this property at least once a year over the last 5-7 years. It's certainly the best choice in Santa Maria (where I've tried other properties but was disappointed). I especially like that it's right by the airport - I always ask for a room facing the runway to watch the planes. There's a restaurant on premises as well as breakfast place in the atrium. Service is always pleasant. It's easy to access Broadway, the main drag through Santa Maria for restaurants/shopping.

Room Tip: If you are an aviation enthusiast, ask for a room overooking the airport runways.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed in the Radisson for business in March 2012. I think what made this stay notable is the front desk staff. Although different people were present, each of them greeted us when we entered. The restaurant on site was good and convenient as well with friendly staff. The hotel is right at the airport and you can watch the aircraft. I fly a lot but these smaller craft were interesting. Also, the fog rolls in over the hills and adds mystery to your view, so make sure you have a runway view. Good city, good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Santa Maria on Saturday, September 8th. My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted somewhere between Solvang and Pismo Beach where we could stay and relax...and this property was perfect. We were in a corner suite with a private patio, overlooking the pool. Our room was clean and well-stocked. The front desk staff was courteous and very efficient. The property has everything including a restaurant, bar, pool, jacuzzi, etc. The Sunday brunch was amazing! All in all, I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Family trip (7 of us) to the Oceano Beach dunes, we were lucky to get a couple of rooms here at the very last minute on Saturday evening of Labor Day. Very nice rooms, very clean and sleep number beds are very comfortable; you will get a very good night sleep. The hotel has ample parking, very helpful staff and quiet surroundings being so far from the freeway and traffic. Nice restaurant with large model airplanes hanging from the ceiling – nice touch for being next to an airport. The hotel is a bit out of the way, but it’s close to a large shopping area with lots of stores and restaurants. Didn’t take pictures except of a Cessna taking off early in the morning right outside the window. I would recommend this hotel if you want an alternative to the cheap motels and need a nice, comfortable place to rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the runway if you or your kids like airplanes.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Last minute trip late at night needed a room. We are Carlson Club members so thought I would use some of my points and cash. The carpets in room and hallways were dirty and stained, ice machine did not work (however a nice employee brought me some), there was a medium sized tear in the drapes. Was not what I expected. Employees were all very nice. Would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your standards and that you were not 100% satisfied during your stay. We strive for excellence here at the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria and I assure you these issues have been addressed with management and staff. However ,I am happy to hear our staff was able to provide you with great customer service and that they were able to accommodate your needs. Thank you again and, I am hoping that at some point in the near future you may see fit to give us another try. We are confident that your experience and impressions will be improved upon.