“Luxurious stay for business travelers”

Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have stayed here 6 or 8 times, a couple to qualify for Club Carlson bonus points.

Nice hotel building, right next to the airport, though this makes it a little ways from town. There is a grocery store 1/2 mile away, but no real nearby restaurants. The in-house restaurant is nice, good food, average Radisson prices. The pool is pretty nice as well, however located on the east side so not in the sun during the afternoon. Nice central lobby and bar to grab a drink after work. Ample free parking right out front.

Rooms are good sized and luxurious, beds are comfortable with the option to get a sleep number bed. 40inch flat screen TV with adequate cable channels. Twice I have had had balconies, the first time overlooking the central lobby, this time overlooking the pool, very pleasant. Rooms are also available right on the airport runway, kind of fun to watch the planes take off and land. Last flights are around 7 pm.

Internet is free for very adequate baseline service, with the option to upgrade for $.

Service has been superb both very time, efficient checkin/checkout, and one time time the clerk noticed I was eligible for AAA discount I had somehow missed when reserving, and saved me some extra bucks.

All in all, a good stay for the money, especially on weekends when prices tend to go up for all hotels in this part of California. I stay here whenever I have to visit Santa Maria for business.

Room Tip: Can choose balconies in the atrium, balconies over the pool, or rooms overlooking runways. Sleep num...

Reviewed 25 September 2012

After a long drive after stopping in Monterey, Pebble Beach, & driving in the fog thru Big Sur, etc, it was nice to go to a decent hotel for the night. We arrived late and we were given a nice quiet room where we can watch the planes take off.

I am Carlson Gold and I stay alot of nights in hotels. Nice, decent hotel and using the "cash & points" booking, the rate was quite affordable.

I have read & been told this hotel is one of the best hotels in Santa Maria. Now I believe it.

Our usual hotel in San Luis Obispo was pricey for the night we wanted to stay as this was a close in reservation.

Room Tip: If one loves to watch planes and is not a lite sleeper, those rooms are great!! If one is a lite sl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Like the title says, this place is what it is. Great location to the airport. It is inexpensive, and for the most part clean. The beds IMO are not all that comfortable, but there are simply not that many options in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our property! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel accommodating to your needs. However I do apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our sleep number beds, perhaps during your next stay we can provide you with better directions on how to find your perfect number. We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Normally I like Radisson when I travel but not the one in Santa Maria. While there are several good things about the hotel: next door to the Santa Maria Airport, quiet, clean, nice staff; etc. However, there is one overwhelming negative that will not bring me back here again - If you have Sprint cellular or a Sprint enabled laptop you will get NO SERVICE inside the hotel!

Imagine my surprise when while on a consulting assignment with the City of Santa Maria I got ZERO SPRINT CELL PHONE OR COMPUTER SERVICE. I have to make all of my cell phone calls outside in the parking lot! Really?!The hotel was nice enough to send a tech down to see if he could solve my problem. No such luck. He told me that the building's walls are so think with concrete that cell phone serivce is often difficult. Wow, thanks for telling me that before I checked in........

My suggestion is that if you absoultely have to stay in SM you stay in North SM at the Holiday Inn just off the freeway at the Broadway Exit. Radisson management: wake up! You know that this is a consistent complaint with your patrons. Do something about this problem to boost cell phone and laptop transmissions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced I realize this must have been very frustrating for you and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have contacted sprint to try and remedy this issue and we are hoping to fix this problem. Thank you again for giving us valuable feedback and we hope you will stay with us in the future when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I've stayed at this property at least once a year over the last 5-7 years. It's certainly the best choice in Santa Maria (where I've tried other properties but was disappointed). I especially like that it's right by the airport - I always ask for a room facing the runway to watch the planes. There's a restaurant on premises as well as breakfast place in the atrium. Service is always pleasant. It's easy to access Broadway, the main drag through Santa Maria for restaurants/shopping.

Room Tip: If you are an aviation enthusiast, ask for a room overooking the airport runways.
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed in the Radisson for business in March 2012. I think what made this stay notable is the front desk staff. Although different people were present, each of them greeted us when we entered. The restaurant on site was good and convenient as well with friendly staff. The hotel is right at the airport and you can watch the aircraft. I fly a lot but these smaller craft were interesting. Also, the fog rolls in over the hills and adds mystery to your view, so make sure you have a runway view. Good city, good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Santa Maria on Saturday, September 8th. My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted somewhere between Solvang and Pismo Beach where we could stay and relax...and this property was perfect. We were in a corner suite with a private patio, overlooking the pool. Our room was clean and well-stocked. The front desk staff was courteous and very efficient. The property has everything including a restaurant, bar, pool, jacuzzi, etc. The Sunday brunch was amazing! All in all, I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple