Free cancellation until 29/07
US$125
US$138
US$119
US$105
All reviewssmall airportlocal airportairport runwayfun to watchnice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner suiterooms are cleanbusiness trippleasant staybusiness centerwould stay here againsmall refrigeratorcar showcentral coastpismo beachhot tub
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first and last time recently. We paid extra to get a room with a view of the airport. My husband is a big plane lover and we wanted to get a room so he could watch the airplanes come and go. The room we were given was at the south end of the hotel, and there were very few airplanes to observe. We also expected a room with a balcony, but it did not have one. It was hard to view anything from the little couch we had by the window. Our biggest complaint was that the room was directly above the pool. There was an exterior corridor outside the room above the pool. The noise from the pool area was horrible. There was a large group of what appeared to be a college sports team who had no problem talking and yelling at the top of their lungs. We complained to the front desk, but nothing was done. The pool is open until 10 PM so we had to put up with the noise until them. I had sleepless nights while staying there. This was the first time I slept on a sleep number bed, which they had in the room. It was the worst bed I ever slept on. l could not adjust the air level on the bed - it kept going back to the orginal setting. The bathroom was SMALL and the floor slippery when wet...almost fell a couple times. We bought the "ROMANCE PACKAGE", which had champage and free dinner and breakfast voucers. We asked for the champage to be delivered at 7pm and it was delivered at 9...we were tired from our trip and were awaken by contstant knocks at the door by the housekeeper who delivered the champagne to our room. We were too tired to enjoy it by then, and kept it on the counter in our room. The dinner vouchers were great, as the resteraunt there was expensive. The food was very good but they have a limited menu. The breakfast was buffet style, but good.
When we got our hotel bill the night before we left, we found that they had charged all the dinners to our credit card. We had vouchers for two free dinners, but they charged them to our bill anyway. We talked to the desk clerk who said he was going to clear the charges. This took more than a week to clear up, and I had to make a couple of calls to talk to the hotel manager about removing the charges. We were very unsatisfied with our hotel experience there and will not return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babystjo
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you so much for writing a review on our property, we appreciate your feedback. However, Some of the comments you mentioned do not meet our Radisson standards and I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are working diligently to make our sleep number beds more user friendly and we hope this will eliminate these problem. Also I understand you had to experience the noise of other guests and I do apologize for this, we do our best to enforce our noise curfew however too often some team members do not comply. I have passed on your comments regarding your romance package to our front desk team and they will be using this helpful feedback to fine tune our operations.

We hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to restore your guest satisfaction, thank you.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Average hotel to stay on your way to your destination. After registering with a "not so friendly" desk clerk, we proceeded to our room. No sooner had we sat down when the renovation noises began. I called the front desk & was told they were fixing the 4th floor. After asking to change rooms, we were told there was only 1 room left in the hotel & that it was on the first floor. We decided to stick it out in our original room. Bed was comfortable but the bath room had a broken toilet seat. We called to ask for help, but no one came. After we returned from dinner in Nipomo, all was quiet in our room (except for the air conditioner!). I asked about the breakfast---"fast & go" -- and was told they only gave them out from 5 to 6 in the morning. Oh well!
From the time we checked in until we checked out the next morning, we saw no other guests in the hotel. As a Club Carlson member, I was disappointed to see that I was not recognized! I will consider another hotel my next visit to Santa Maria.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. I have passed your comments on to our engineering department and we are looking into the issues you mentioned. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have stayed here 6 or 8 times, a couple to qualify for Club Carlson bonus points.

Nice hotel building, right next to the airport, though this makes it a little ways from town. There is a grocery store 1/2 mile away, but no real nearby restaurants. The in-house restaurant is nice, good food, average Radisson prices. The pool is pretty nice as well, however located on the east side so not in the sun during the afternoon. Nice central lobby and bar to grab a drink after work. Ample free parking right out front.

Rooms are good sized and luxurious, beds are comfortable with the option to get a sleep number bed. 40inch flat screen TV with adequate cable channels. Twice I have had had balconies, the first time overlooking the central lobby, this time overlooking the pool, very pleasant. Rooms are also available right on the airport runway, kind of fun to watch the planes take off and land. Last flights are around 7 pm.

Internet is free for very adequate baseline service, with the option to upgrade for $.

Service has been superb both very time, efficient checkin/checkout, and one time time the clerk noticed I was eligible for AAA discount I had somehow missed when reserving, and saved me some extra bucks.

All in all, a good stay for the money, especially on weekends when prices tend to go up for all hotels in this part of California. I stay here whenever I have to visit Santa Maria for business.

Room Tip: Can choose balconies in the atrium, balconies over the pool, or rooms overlooking runways. Sleep number beds also available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

After a long drive after stopping in Monterey, Pebble Beach, & driving in the fog thru Big Sur, etc, it was nice to go to a decent hotel for the night. We arrived late and we were given a nice quiet room where we can watch the planes take off.

I am Carlson Gold and I stay alot of nights in hotels. Nice, decent hotel and using the "cash & points" booking, the rate was quite affordable.

I have read & been told this hotel is one of the best hotels in Santa Maria. Now I believe it.

Our usual hotel in San Luis Obispo was pricey for the night we wanted to stay as this was a close in reservation.

Room Tip: If one loves to watch planes and is not a lite sleeper, those rooms are great!! If one is a lite sleeper, ask for rooms not facing the runways.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Like the title says, this place is what it is. Great location to the airport. It is inexpensive, and for the most part clean. The beds IMO are not all that comfortable, but there are simply not that many options in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our property! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel accommodating to your needs. However I do apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our sleep number beds, perhaps during your next stay we can provide you with better directions on how to find your perfect number. We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel in Santa Maria!