“Best Nights Sleep I have EVER had in a hotel”

Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We traveled to Santa Maria for a family funeral and have spent two nights at the Radisson Hotel and have been more than pleased. The bar has a nice atmospher along with live music which we enjoyed while waiting for family to gather. The family had dinner in the restraunt and our meals were great. Our room was large and comfortable. We even had a sleep number bed ( which I am in lust with due to my good night's sleep). Staff has been very attentive when I went searching for comp coffee. I highly recommend ordering your breakfast off of the menu verses the breakfast buffet. The buffet is a good deal if you are hungery but I must admit my chorizo and eggs from the menu were outstanding. FYI the hotel is within walking distance of the airport.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We truly appreciate the fantastic review you posted. We are delighted to hear that you had a great nights sleep as we know a good night’s rest is very important to our guests. On behalf of the Radisson Hotel and staff we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals in the Vintner's restaurant and the live entertainment in the lounge. Your business is greatly appreciated and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when you are visiting the area. We also thank your family for choosing to stay with us and gather at our restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Santa Maria

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very friendly service, quick check in and out, staff were charming and helpful.
Stayed one night. Spacious room with everything we needed. Bathroom very small, but had all the amenities.
Ate in the bar which was reasonably priced and
where there was live entertainment.
Did not have time to try out any of the facilities.
Could not fault our short stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a great response, your feedback and comments are very important to us. Our staff does their best to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We hope you enjoyed the bar food and live entertainment during your stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at Radisson hotel one night while traveling from L.A to San Francisco.
We only wanted "a place to relax and sleep", and for that purpose, Radisson was great!
The room was big, clean and fresh. The beds had something called "Sleep number" witch means that you can choose how soft or hard you want you mattress to be.

It was located right at the airport, but it was a small airport and not much traffic, so it didn´t affect the sleep.

Nearby there was a laundromat, so we took the opportunity to wash our clothes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel property. We truly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our sleep number beds. Thank you for choosing our hotel as a rest stop on your way to LA. I am happy to hear you were able to get good rest for your trip. Thank you for your business and we hope you will return again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

In stay-cation mode, we booked a corner suite with a balcony view of airport and brought our two little grandkids to have some fun swimming and watching planes. Together with one relatively modest room service tab (did room service to give the kids that thrill), came to more than $300. (Food was not bad but average at best.)

The kids loved the oversized oval tub and kind of made it their "inside" swimming pool (we had brought lots of bath toys), worked out much better than real swimming pool that had no kiddy pool and which was too deep even in the shallow end for them to use.

It was early in the day when we got to the pool and no one around so since they could not go in the big pool, we took them to the hot tub which was not all that hot and more their size. Saw a couple come in gate just as we entered hot tub and so I said loudly to the kids so the couple would hear and not even think of intruding on the hot tub: "OK, kids, you can't stay in the hot tub but a couple minutes." (In other words, if the couple would give us a couple minutes, we would be gone and they could have the place to themselves).

The female of the couple jumped into the pool (my husband thinks she must never have seen herself from the back in that bikini) but her male counterpart came straight over and got into the small-ish hot tub with us and our small grandchildren, the youngest of whom is autistic and not very comfortable with strangers (I myself am not comfortable with creepy ones). We wanted to visit and chat with our beloved grandkids and did not want some creep listening in and staring at us and in such close proximity to us in his skimpy suit and our little ones in their suits. (We wondered why he didn't choose to be with his "loved one" as well who was over in the gigantic pool alone.)

We gave him funny looks, gathered the children to us but he just smiled and spread his legs out wide, ick, we got out. I called him a [--] under my breath as we left, hope he heard me. Not Radisson's fault a perve got in the hot tub with us but if there had been a kiddy pool, problem would not have arisen (unless he's so big a jerk he would have invaded a kiddy pool as well). So the kids got about 45 seconds in the pool area.

Not much good to say about the room. Sleep number bed, not sure any hotel guests ever get the attraction once they try them, never comfortable at any level. Three towels in bathroom for four guests, had to go down and ask for another towel and was told to come back in two hours and we would be given one. You short us on towels and we have to make two trips to get one? It's not like they didn't know we were four people; I booked the room for 2 adults, 2 children.

Cheap, ugly furniture. Room stuffy warm whole time we were there. Called down couple hours after arriving, said room was hot. Guys came up as our room service arrived and since the kids were hungry and needed our attention and we didn't want the food to get cold, we said it seemed to have cooled down a couple of degrees and we would call later if it didn't cool down more. They said oh it will cool down for sure, the sun's just so hot right now. It never did and halfway into a sleepless night, could not call and get them to come then, would mean disturbing the kids and having to get dressed, etc. I actually think it is on a preset temp and we never had hope of its getting any cooler.

The balcony was nasty. Table covered in heavy film of dirt, floor of balcony was so dirty you could not go out there without getting feet black. Big spider webs in corners of balcony, granddaughter says, "Oh, no, Grandma, spiders!" I had to knock them down before she would go out and play with her crafts supplies. Looked like no one had ever for a minute gone out there and checked it out to even give it a quick sweep or wipe the table or to knock down webs.

Not many planes coming and going but kids did really enjoy seeing the ones that did. This hotel kind of reminds me of how restaurants and hotels situated near a cool view often don't try because they know the view will draw plenty of customers anyhow. The planes are cool indeed but the hotel should try harder than this. Club Carlson sucked us in some years back with lots of great deals and points but now a lot of their places, like this one, seem to be resting tiredly on their laurels and locations. Hey, I have dumped fave chains before when they went downhill in quality and value and I am more than happy to do it again.

Mind you, I left the maid a tip despite short towels and the dirty balcony. I am thinking the non-care of the balcony perhaps only means that the maids are spread too thin and that no one communicates with them about the number of people booked for a room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson in Santa Maria for one night during the week recently. We could see the runway for the airport but never heard any plane noises. In fact, as the hotel is situated back off the main highway, we didn't hear hardly any noises. We were able to park close to the entrance and found the lobby area to be spacious and relaxing. A glass elevator affords a view of the lobby and open restaurant below, which was never crowded. The bed was very comfortable in the room. The bathroom was a little small and the air conditioner ran somewhat loudly, but the decor was pleasant. We had breakfast in the downstairs area and sat near two pilots who were discussing adventures of theirs. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, the usual meat assortment, fruits, and juices. There is a Mexican restaurant at the airport itself, which is within walking distance. I did not notice any smells, as a previous reviewer had mentioned. It gets cold at night in Santa Maria no matter what month, so having a jacket or sweater available is a good idea.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your great review we really appreciate all the great things you have to say about our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your breakfast and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our sleep number beds. Thank you for your business and for choosing our hotel for your stay. We look forward to your next visit! We like the picture you posted!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The stay was quite cozy. The staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious, comfortable and since we were two couples traveling, the door between our rooms was quite neat to have. The gym on the first floor is okay and the pool area was pretty good. Although the hotel is near an airport there doesn't seem to be allot of traffic around, I might even dare say it felt a little remote.
All in all, i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and hotel comfortable and we looking forward to your next visit perhaps for a couples extended stay. Take Care!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have never stayed in a hotel that smelled so much like a wet dog. The staff here is top notch, so I honestly feel somewhat bad. Perhaps I should just never stay in a pet friendly hotel. I felt like I could not breath the entire night, and my 2 year old daughter woke up coughing and congested. I know the room was clean, I saw them clean it. It is really just a pet thing. I really think people should leave their pets at HOME, or at least have hotel rooms that are specifically designated to pets.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback, we have deep cleaned and shampooed the sleeping room you have mentioned in hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.