My wife and two sons stayed here out of sheer necessity after I failed to book a room for us in a timely manner. Although, I have seen worst places, this is exactly what you would expect for a roadside motel. If they put half the effort into maintaining the rooms as they do the lobby, this would be a great place to stay. The lobby and check in window were immaculate. The room, however, was about as rundown as you can get. There were holes in the carpet. The room just smelled old. Even with every light in the place turned on, the room still was dark and dreary. You just could not get enough light into it. The shower floor gave a little as if it were going to fall in when you stood on it. And this was an "upgraded" room.
I do have to say that there was a lot of construction going on while we were there. Supposedly, they are updating the rooms. The staff was courteous as we had no problem getting extra pillows and towels when we requested them.
All in all, I would stay here again, but only out of dire necessity. Lesson learned...never wait until the last minute to book a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Santa Maria South is located off US 101 near PCPA Theaterfest, and Santa Maria Fairpark. We offer free Wi-Fi , and micro-fridges in all modern guest rooms. Enjoy the use of our outdoor pool open year round, hit the basketball, and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Motel 6 Santa Maria - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rose Garden Hotel Santa Maria
- Rose Garden Motel
- Rose Garden Inn Santa Maria