Motel 6 Santa Maria - South
US$119
US$114
US$166
US$109
Motel 6 Santa Maria(Santa Maria)
US$74
  • Pool
US$84
All reviewswalk in showermain roadleft earlylong drivegood sizela
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and two sons stayed here out of sheer necessity after I failed to book a room for us in a timely manner. Although, I have seen worst places, this is exactly what you would expect for a roadside motel. If they put half the effort into maintaining the rooms as they do the lobby, this would be a great place to stay. The lobby and check in window were immaculate. The room, however, was about as rundown as you can get. There were holes in the carpet. The room just smelled old. Even with every light in the place turned on, the room still was dark and dreary. You just could not get enough light into it. The shower floor gave a little as if it were going to fall in when you stood on it. And this was an "upgraded" room.

I do have to say that there was a lot of construction going on while we were there. Supposedly, they are updating the rooms. The staff was courteous as we had no problem getting extra pillows and towels when we requested them.

All in all, I would stay here again, but only out of dire necessity. Lesson learned...never wait until the last minute to book a room.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Damian W
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first hotel I ever stayed in that I felt I would come out of the shower more dirty then going in. The beds were bad and the sheets didn't cover the mattress. All the furniture looks from the 1980s. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay at another place.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chase A
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I should have questioned why the front desk said refunds would not be given after 20 minutes if I didn't like the room! Asked for a room on the first floor due to traveling with my dogs, only to find that the bathroom window had no screen and wouldn't lock. Glass shower door was cracked and "fixed" with tape, burn holes in furniture in a "non-smoking" room, bed spread cover was ripped and torn and air conditioner kept shutting off. Left to go check in at another dog-friendly hotel but did not check out prior to "20 minute refund deadline". Front desk refused to refund my money and told me to call the Manager the next day. He was more rude than the front desk staff!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MCharlotteCA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I wish I would have check out the YELP rating before I booked this Hotel. The room was outdated, run down and dirty. We arrived pretty late in the night, but it was so dusty, I was coughing all night. I have asthma so used my inhalers throughout the night. First thing in the morning about 7:00 am we informed the front desk, which he failed to do anything. So we told him we could not stay the second night and requested to check out early due to the dust and me feeling super sick from the dust. My friend who stayed with us that night and does not have asthma, got sick after staying here with a respiratory infection.

They refused to give us a refund because we booked through priceline, booking.com. When I spoke to the manager about the situation, he said I could get a refund if I called priceline, booking.com directly, which I did. When priceline booking.com spoke to the manager, he refused to refund the second night although we had checked out early that morning.

Terrible customer service. I think it is a family owned business and the Adult Children don't know how to provide good customer service. I agree the bathroom was horrible also, Rust, mildew, peeling paint. !HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE! I also would have given a "Zero" rating if I could. It was really bad, not worth the price. This hotel should be knocked down and rebuilt. The health department should take a look and the unhealthy conditions

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I found that hotel cause I need a place just for one night for me and my friends. It wasnt the best choice I could do. We arrive at night, it was pretty cold outside but guy from the reception let us stay outside over 20 minutes to fill all documents for the group. Rooms and bathrooms were dirty and old. For breakfast there were only pancakes and one table!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends