“Pleasant surprise, and FREE PARKING!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ameci Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #550 of 713 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We were completely frustrated by the terrible parking situation in the Main Street area in Santa Monica on a Friday night. After 45 minutes of looking for a space we finally gave up and headed away from the beach about a quarter of a mile and found this unassuming little place. A parking LOT!! and excellent food! And LOTS of it, and a friendly Italian owner, His whole family is eating there, so I guess it's going to be OK. We considered it a find. Not much in the atmosphere department, but after the aggravation of the Main Street area, it was relaxing and homey.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I went there with my husband for he was literally obsessed with a memory he had from their linguine with clams.
So here we are.
The atmosphere is kinda squalid, or cool if you wanna put it like its cool to watch the serial killers from last century on tv while you are gobbling your things.
Being Italian, i hate to eat at Italian restaurants( i want to shoot myself when i go like -ohh my mother cooks it like sooo much better and bla blaaa), so when it happens i just go for the pizza, and there's hardly a Country where i dislike it. Pizza is pizza, and I just love it 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 a year, so i was fine with size, flavors and all.
The linguine...welll... Again, another dive through in the dephts of some overcooked sea...

If you think al dente is cool ( and here i am soo not cool, and in spite of my tradition, i like overcooked spaghetti))), well, just don't give thos place a try.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Fast food Italian style. Minimum service but excellent value and well worth a visit if you're on a tight budget. Food is tasty and plentiful, and the restaurant clean and efficient

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Good pizza at very reasonable prices. Non-entree items tend to be somewhat expensive, especially the desserts

Reviewed 19 July 2008

My husband found Ameci's while I was away on a business trip. Located in a small strip-mall on busy Lincoln Blvd, I was not expecting a great dinner. However, the interior is nicely decorated, and the menu has so much more than pizza.

I ordered the Angel Hair Pasta, and Hubby had the Chicken Parmigiana. Both dishes included a green salad with choice of dressing and garlic bread, and were excellent. Several other diners were enjoying their Pasta, as well as Pizza, Burgers, salads and appetizers.

I discovered the next morning that I had left my purse at the Restaurant. I called when they opened and spoke with the owner, and she had my purse locked in her office with all of the contents! I offered a reward, but she would not accept it.

This is a very nice family run restaurant that knows how to cultivate loyalty with their employees and their customers. I can't sing their praises enough! Give them a try for your next Italian Family style dinner, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank HappySurfer