“Best Halibut!!”

Ranked #495 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: Delicious and authentic Italian food on 3rd Street promenade in Santa Monica. Join us for an unforgettable meal! Eat. Love. Eat. Love.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We dined here on July 5, 2014. I had the best halibut ever! It was complemented with some southwestern spices, couscous, zucchini and a small salad. We just happened upon this restaurant while walking along 3rd Street. The service was very good and reasonably priced--$55 for 2 of us. It's a little noisy because of all the activity on the promenade. Try It!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband will confess that had he seen the bathroom before we had eaten we would have been straight out the door (I did not go but took his word for it that is was disgusting). Having said that, the food we had here was the best meal we have had in Santa Monica by a mile. It was, in our opinion, expensive, but it was very good. Service was excellent, the waiter was very attentive, offering to take a picture when he noticed me with my camera out, and gave us lots of advice on the menu and specials. Watch your bill, they automatically add 15% gratuity to your bill (something We do not appreciate - We find it rude being dictated to what I should tip especially given it is still discretionary despite being in America). However, that being said, I kindly asked the waiter to remove the tip from the bill, and this was done with no problem whatsoever (we usually pay on card and leave a small cash tip). He maintained his kind demeanour when we left suggesting my request and our significantly smaller tip than what was asked for was not a problem.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

While enjoying a nice stroll along the Third Avenue Promenade, we decided to stop somewhere for a couple of drinks and dinner. We stopped here because it had nice outdoor seating, with heaters, and they said they had a full bar. Truth was that while they did serve some cocktails, it was far from a full bar. The margaritas weren't horrible, but not the best we've ever had, they didn't have Fireball, and had a VERY limited selection of whiskies.

For dinner, I had chicken parmesiana, which was just OK. The marinara sauce was weak and the chicken was barely breaded at all. And TOO MUCH cheese. My wife had alfredo, which she really liked.

Service was good and prompt, so we might go back just because of that, but the food and the bar left a lot to be desired.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a regular for us when we are in Santa Monica. It is located in the heart of the 3rd Street Mall excitement. The service and food are superb. I've tried just about everything on the menu already. There is nothing that I would not recommend. please tell them that Steve and Cathe sent you.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stop for dinner between meetings. Wait staff was friendly and food was good. Small, busy location on 3rd street. I was looking to sit and relax for a bit and unwind, but felt rushed and ended up taking half of my meal to go.