“The best boutique hotel ever!”

Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 18 May 2011

The best boutique hotel ever. Great staffs, best services, and great view of the hotel room. They gave us a free upgrade to the ocean view room. It is a fantastic room. I will definitely go there again and again and again. I really enjoy the time spending there. recommend everyone try their hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 15 May 2011

In addition to the room charge there is a $20 service fee per day which we think may be for the porter and valet service.. although not knowing this, tipped as well; a room tax (7%); parking ($34/day); parking tax ($3.40). In addition to my $22 buffet breakfast I paid $6.50 for a latte. Internet is free. The mattress, comforter and pillows are very comfortable, I stayed on a pull out (which I haven't done in over 20 years) and was very surprised to find that comfortable as well (I asked the hotel to bring up a comforter instead of using the bed spread provided). The bathrooms are very clean; if you're tall you'll love the high placement of the shower head. The pool area is very nice (water is 85 degrees F). We just loved pulling up to the hotel and the walk to our room. Oceana did a great job making one feel cozy in this very trendy hotel. Right across the street is a jogging/walking path on the upper level. There is also path that takes you down to the lower level; ie, Santa Monica Beach. This walking/jogging/bicycle path will lead you right to the Santa Monica Pier. From the hotel it's a 10-15 min walk (or drive... but then park) to 3rd Ave Promenade for FANTASTIC shopping. The avenue is for pedestrians only and has at least 3 blocks of restaurants and stores. I suggest you google 'downtown 3rd avenue promenade santa monica' to get a list of the awesome stores. Expensive, but great location, comfortable room, clean and a very friendly staff. Definitely would go back, regardless of the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed at the Oceana for three nights and had an incredible experience. From the moment I had made my reservation , our arrival and through the time spent at the hotel, service was impeccable, The staff was friendly, kind, thoughtful and amazing. We felt as if we were home and also the most important couple. The hotel is beautiful, the one bedroom suite we had was bright, cheerful, well appointed with every amenity we needed. We felt relaxed, and most cared for, every wish was granted even before we knew it. We were in close proximity to the beach, yet sitting around the pool was peaceful .

We felt that we found a little slice of heaven in a large city where one can relax, unwind, and feel pampered , where 'you ' are number one. As a travel agent, I have visited many hotels and resorts. The Oceana is a hidden gem, classy, quietly elegant , comfortable , and homey .

We want to thank Christine, Leah, Hunter, Adrienne, Katelyn, Denver and all of the staff for taking such great care of us! Their service was amazing, their kindness overwhelming.

We really look forward to our return visits, and we will come back to this little slice of heaven on Ocean Avenue, the Oceana each time we visit Santa Monica.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Good location to the pier and ferris wheel and all the fabulous shops and restaurants on third st.

We were given a complimentary iPad to use during our stay and the front of house staff were very helpful.

We had a hiccup on our last day with the valley parking when they managed to block our car in with a lost key. However they handled this well and compensated us for the drama and were very apologetic.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 24 April 2011

The service at this hotel is really fantastic without any sort of pretentiousness. On calling to confirm the check-in time the person who answered asked for my reservation and unprompted offered to try and have the room ready by the time I got there well in advance of check-in time. The staff were genuinely helpful and offered many helpful tips. Finally, we really liked the location and the feel of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank widmanstatten
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Excellent, excellent, excellent. From reserving my room, to the last time at the valet desk, I was impressed by the level of service and great attitude of every employee I met. Traveling alone, I felt welcomed and very safe staying here. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well furnished with comfortable seating around the pool and in the lounge as well as in my suite. I loved the bed. Really a great experience. I forgot how much I like Santa Monica, too!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Wonderful for families - their suites are perfectly set up with separate sleeping and living areas. There is a pool for the kids and the location is minutes away from the beach and walking path. A wonderful place to stay if you have kids but don't want to skimp on luxury and sophistication.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family