We were on a two week business trip and a co-worker had really nice things to say about Oceana, so we went here instead of the usual Fairmont or Viceroy. Four things really annoyed me about the stay.
1. The walls are super thin, so I could hear every conversation, television program and tiny dog bark from the next room which was terrible for sleep quality.
2. They treat soap like a rare commodity, housekeeping will wait until your bar of soap is all but a sliver before replacing it and by the last two days of my two week trip, they didn't even bother replenishing my soap at all.
3. When I cut my finger open on a chipped bowl at breakfast one morning at their restaurant (Tower 8), the wait staff did not even apologize and blankly stared until I had to specifically request a bandage.
4. They lost my laundry for a couple of days so I had to wear unwashed clothes to work for those days. And to add insult to injury, not only was there no apology for their error, they charged me even more money because they said my running shirt was not a "t-shirt" but rather a "sport shirt".
Needless to say I won't be returning here nor will I recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceana Beach Club Hotel is luxury boutique hotel located in the premier residential neighborhood of north Santa Monica. With sweeping oceam views, spacious rooms and suites and coastal California cuisine at Tower 8, Oceana offers guests the quintessential coastal California experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceana Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.