“A little LA, a little Hollywood and a little bit of home” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oceana Beach Club Hotel

Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Huntington, New York
“A little LA, a little Hollywood and a little bit of home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great alternative to upscale chain hotel. The 1950's cabana feel in a luxury hotel. Huge rooms, would be great for family travel. Very nice staff who actually talk with you, not to you, and make you feel right at home. You won't find a gift shop or sundries or other chain hotel icons here. Not the usual upscale Santa Monica ocean front hotel. Great food (one restaurant and a kitchen in your suite), room to spread out, a calm space, especially for a longer stay. Enjoyed the Oceana.

Room Tip: 1st floor is pool level, if you want to hang out at pool, or at the bar, that's great.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Claudia S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
I am excited to learn that you enjoyed our new renovation and were able to relax in our spacious rooms. We do strive to provide a warm and relaxing atmosphere where guests can feel at home and it is wonderful to hear that you were able to do just that.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our home in the very near future to relax again while enjoying the many offerings of our hotel.

Christoph Moje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We love this hotel! The staff is so helpful and friendly, the rooms are sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. The beds and linens are just terrific. We don't love the new restaurant menu but the ambiance is lovely.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Helen J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

It fills me with great joy to learn that after all those years visiting our hotel you still have the same sentiments about our home and more importantly about each and every staff member you have encountered.
I am looking forward to many more of your visits to the Oceana and wish you and your family a Happy Holiday Season.

toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Been staying in the Santa Monica area for years, this place is the perfect spot...quiet, huge rooms, great little pool and at the perfect stretch of Santa Monica beach. The staff are the best, most professional and nicest anywhere around, felt like home from the minute I arrived

Room Tip: need an ocean view!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear torontojeff,

I am glad that after all the years of your travels to Santa Monica you were able to find us and call the Oceana your home away from home.
This residential area of Santa Monica is indeed the perfect spot to enjoy the relaxed and peaceful ambiance of the hotel.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to the Santa Monica area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Situated at a very quite boulevard
Nice swimmingpool inside
Friendly staff
Big rooms and comfortable
Good comfortable beds
Absolutely a good adress to stay
Good gym and wifi super fast
Very nice breakfast

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alwin v
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Alwin 24,

I am delighted that you and your wife have thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Oceana with its quite and serene surroundings. I hope you made it back safely to Europe and if you want to escape the cold weather please do know that you always have a home here at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel in Santa Monica.

Thank you again for your kind feedback.

new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Spent two nights there with my two sisters. We had a suite. It was incredible. The staff was genuinely happy to help with anything we needed. They were the friendliest staff i have ever encountered. The hotel was in quiet area which was so nice when you r on vacation. The hotel is right next to Montana street which is less touristy and has great shops and restaurants and about ten minute walk to promenade and shops and restaurants. We did yoga one morning which was fantastic! Thanks so much. We would love to come back!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear chezpoof,

I am extremely pleased to learn that you and your 2 sisters truly enjoyed our home while vacationing in Santa Monica. It looks like you took full advantage of all what the hotel as well as this wonderful neighborhood has to offer.
The team here at the Oceana is very grateful for your kind comments and we are eagerly awaiting your return visit.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were on a two week business trip and a co-worker had really nice things to say about Oceana, so we went here instead of the usual Fairmont or Viceroy. Four things really annoyed me about the stay.

1. The walls are super thin, so I could hear every conversation, television program and tiny dog bark from the next room which was terrible for sleep quality.

2. They treat soap like a rare commodity, housekeeping will wait until your bar of soap is all but a sliver before replacing it and by the last two days of my two week trip, they didn't even bother replenishing my soap at all.

3. When I cut my finger open on a chipped bowl at breakfast one morning at their restaurant (Tower 8), the wait staff did not even apologize and blankly stared until I had to specifically request a bandage.

4. They lost my laundry for a couple of days so I had to wear unwashed clothes to work for those days. And to add insult to injury, not only was there no apology for their error, they charged me even more money because they said my running shirt was not a "t-shirt" but rather a "sport shirt".

Needless to say I won't be returning here nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't pay extra, you'll get a view of an alleyway or a dull street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MiniSpartan
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear MiniSpartan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. While I realize your stay was less than perfect, I appreciate your time to share your feedback about your experience as I do understand how disappointed you must have been with some of our service lapses during your time with us.
Rest assured I have shared your comments with the hotel team. It is most disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations and provided you with an unsatisfactory service experience. There is nothing more important than a good night's sleep and a worry free time while you are attending to your busy schedule and I am so sorry to hear that we prevented this from happening for you.
It is completely unacceptable to know that we left such a poor impression of the hotel with you. But your feedback is greatly appreciated a it is only in this way that we can improve upon our shortcomings. I can only hope that we will somehow have the opportunity to be of service to you again and change your perception of the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

if you look for a kind of hidden jewel right in the middle of St. Monica and you have the money....! go for this one, an absolute fantastic Hotel, with very very kind and helpful staff.
we stayed in room 213 at the pool 2 floor a great room very quiet and very spacious, great beds.
the atmosphere is very relaxed no outside visitors, a small dining / lounge room, great breakfast and lunch food, we did not have dinner so I can not comment on this but for sure it's good.
The only thing which could also be a good thing is...that the sun disappears in the afternoon as the pool is in the patio, but for me no problem.
I suppose the rooms at the front of the Hotel facing the ocean are more noisy, and less private.
if....and I will... come back I will for sure want the same room or at least at the same level or at level 3, not ground floor.

Room Tip: not groundfloor and I personally would not want to stay at the oceanside as traffic drives by and le...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear elizabeth47_12,

I am extremely grateful for the very kind words regarding our home as well as our wonderful team members. For sure I will be happy to share your feedback with the staff. I have updated your profile already regarding your room location preferences when you will be returning to us. Also I do hope you will have the opportunity to dine with us upon your return as our 2 star Michelin chef Josiah Citrin would be delighted to serve you some of his favorite dishes.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to the Santa Monica area.