“Majestic”

and up
Malibu Canyon and Coast Air Tour
Ranked #8 of 104 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of the National Recreation Area.
Heath, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Majestic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Driving thru the mountains was such a joy for my granddaughter and her friends...they oh's and awed the whole trip up the coast.

Visited March 2014

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good trail around Will Rogers Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We accessed the trails via Will Rogers Park, and walked up to Inspiration Point, where we had a fabulous, 360-degree view of Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Century City, Santa Monica Mountains, and, of course, the Pacific Ocean. Considering how beautiful the scenery is and how many people live in Los Angeles, I was shocked that we only ran into a few other day hikers. The trail we were on hooked up with the Topanga Canyon trail, and it looked like you could go just about anywhere through the Santa Monica Mountains.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Megan M
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“In the mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Really fun.... technical drive up in the mountains, but wow the view is spectacular. We even saw a storm roll into the mountains, the clouds poured right on top of us while we were hiking the Topanga trail.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Merek R
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT VIEWS from up top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

For Los Liones Canyon Trail ---Parker Mesa Canyon

I drove up north on Paseo Miramar until I hit the dead end. Once at the dead end, turn left and you'll the entrance to the trail. I thought I was getting lost coming here for the first time. I'm sure there's another entrance but this is where my GPS lead me when adding yelp's listed address.

What a great workout! I would rate this trail at a Medium difficulty level. It's a paved, dirt road and it's fairly easy but you'll definitely work a sweat going up and down the trail. Definitely a good 5 mile roundtrip workout for anyone.
I went on a nice, breezy day with almost no sun so had no difficult going up the trail. If it's blazing hot, would highly recommend you come prepared with sunscreen and water.

Loved that this trail wasn't crowded and there was plenty of parking on the street up the hill. There's a beautiful view of Santa Monica, Downtown, and the ocean the minute you get on that trail. In fact, I saw several groups of people there solely to take pictures 0.2 miles into the trail.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rose C
Los Angeles, California
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Splendid View and not all level trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Actually this is a very big mountain includes a lot of trails. So it's a little hard to come up with a general review on the whole site. You could try HikeSpeak to get detail about each trail. Just the pics won't be so updated like TripAdvisor. We took Los Leones Canyon trail in a little cloudy day which I believe is right weather for hiking since I don't enjoy the sunshine too much. The trail is 2 miles long one-way and not too hard or steep, but a little dirty and slippery, so remember to get some good hiking shoes. And when you reach the Parker Mesa Overlook, there's a bench which you could get the whole Santa Monica Bay in your sight. Good spot to relax. Higher is a little steeper but could manage. Nice little trail for neighborhood and family too.

Visited January 2014