“Dollhouses and Dolls”

Add it.
Angel's Attic
Ranked #50 of 106 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: Victorian mansion museum filled with dolls, dollhouses and other collectible items; high tea is also served.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I visited this Victorian house in Santa Monica. There was a vast array of beautiful and old doll houses and dolls throughout the house. The person at the museum was friendly and informative. I have never seen anything like this but it was a nice pleasant surprise to discover something a little bit different in Santa Monica to see. A must if you are a dollhouse fan.

2  Thank bilby2009

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We found this small museum through Trip Advisor and sure were glad that we did, The beautiful, historic Victorian House is jam packed with doll houses, doll furniture, dolls and a few toys. All are incredibly well displayed thanks to the amazing talent of the museum artistic director and host Charles Phillips. He proudly shows off the collection and provides much information on the items that you are seeing. The children and adults that were there when we visited were all almost overwhelmed with delight and awe. The house contains millions of dollars worth of items, all collected by a woman who entrusted then to Charles to create the museum. It is hard to imagine a nicer, more complete collection, so well displayed in two floors of the rather small house. Aso take in the back garden where they host tea parties. I guarantee that it will be a memorable visit.

4  Thank oompahdave
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I agree with another reviewer, this is a hidden gem. I'm always so happy to see it's still open. I used to go a lot when I was little and now I'm looking forward to taking my niece there. Places like this are rare.

6  Thank eck1979
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Angel's Attic in Santa Monica is a hidden gem in the LA area. In my recent visits, I have been alone or with one other group. The museum is in a Victorian house that is worth the visit. The antique doll houses are filled with original furniture and dolls. There are also some exquisite modern houses and other antique toys. Girls of all ages will love it, but even boys can be enchanted!

6  Thank MargieLA