“Good service, nice prices!”
Review of Sea Mist Rentals

Sea Mist Rentals
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Bicycles costed US$18/day. Service was friendly and it looked better priced than places we saw around there. We got automatic bikes, a basket for me and one bike lock, the last one with a US$20 deposit that was returned to me upon bringing back the bicycles. They do not take credit cards, so one must have cash in order to pay for it, as well as an ID.

There are newer reviews for Sea Mist Rentals

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Spent 2 hours cycling from Santa Monica beach to Venice beach and back again. Stopped to look at shops etc and get ice cream. Bike company were great. Got 2 cruisers, one w/ a basket + bike lock ($20 deposit). Total (pay when you return bikes) came to $28! Great value and great service. We looked at a few other bike companies on the way down to the beach and this way by far the cheapest. Great few hours spent doing this easy cycle, would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank SSzTraveler
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Super service! Fast and friendly. We paid 18$ for a full day, others charge much more, many even double! Watch out!
A deposit of 20$ for a key chain.
An ID must stay at their office till return, so if you wanna have a drink while being out, make sure you have another one with you.
I would advice everybody to rent here, easy to find down at the pier.

2  Thank Carlvanloey
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My sister and I rented a tandem bike for almost two hours for only $24.00... awesome value for two broke girls! We had SO much fun. It was probably the highlight of our trip. I guess I left my cell phone on the counter as we were paying and didn't figure out it was missing until later that evening (when the bike shop was closed and our flight left the next morning before they opened). I thought my phone was gone for good (such a horrible feeling) and of course whoever found it wouldn't be able to get into it to find me... wishing it was at the bike shop I left a note with my contact information for them and thankfully they found my phone and contacted me. They are actually shipping it to me with their own money and putting the receipt inside the box for me to mail them a cheque. What trusting and wonderful people! I am so happy!

3  Thank JaclynnMarie16
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hired bikes today and cycled all the way to Manhattan Beach (21km) where we stopped and had a lovely coffee and chai tea latte before our return trip. Good choice of bikes at the depot and well maintained. Rental was quick and easy with ID required (which they keep and give back upon your return). We also wanted a lock and for a $20 deposit (again returned when you get back) this was not a problem. You're given a map of the route and there is a small section of "on road" biking once you pass Venice Beach (you must cycle through here, it truly is an eye opener) if you want to carry on to Marina del Rey. We stopped at Fisherman's Village on the way back but it was a bit of something and nothing really. The place was dead with hardly any people (maybe it gets busier on weekends). We didn't have to keep checking our watches to make sure we returned the bikes at a certain time. You can keep them as little or as long as you want for the day. We ended up having the bikes for about 6 hours and paid $18 each which we thought was a good price. Overall a very good experience, comfortable bikes and a great way to see the sights. Highly recommended.

4  Thank mooseandbok2006