I am a Platinum member for years, I have never had a negative experience at a Starwood property...until now! There was no note online when booking about the construction at this hotel. I was on the top floor of the hotel and it was still VERY loud and disruptive. The construction and jack hammering continued throughout the day at the hotel until 4:30 pm. I had to relocate to take conference calls. When I tried to eat lunch by the pool, my plate and glass shook around the table. I finally just paid the check because it was so loud.
When I approached the staff about the issues, they made NO effort to explain the situation or to make it right (i.e. Take lunch of the bill, give a free breakfast or drink etc). They did say that it would continue for a few months as they became a Le Meridian. I would not go back. I suggest waiting until the hotel is completely renovated.
The location is good, within walking distance to the beach. The pool is small and parking is expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica