When we reserved here, it was a Sheraton. When we showed up, it was a Meridien.
Front desk was a mess because it was temporarily relocated to the concierge desk while they were doing renovations (didn't honor our Club reservation from Sheraton until we complained, long line of people and only 2 clerks, a loud and irate customer being handled by very junior staff). Overall the staff quality was very uneven.
Room was fine and plenty big, but the brand switch they recently did wasn't enough to cover some flaws - worn trim on the walls & bathroom, uneven drawers in the dressers, aloof servers in the breakfast restaurant, valet who lost our car for half an hour, etc. The place just doesn't measure up to Starwood standards I've come to expect.
It was perfectly fine, don't get me wrong, but the "ordinary" Sheraton I stayed in the night before in Anaheim was flawless by comparison, and half the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions include: Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. There is a guest amenity fee per night which includes: premium high speed wifi for unlimited amount of devices, four hour bicycle usage for any overnight guests, welcome drink upon arrival, daily newspaper, wellness classes offered 3x per week, Illy coffee offered in the lobby, guestroom, or Zest Kitchen (specialty coffees), local calls, and a house car service offering dropoffs and pickups within three miles of the hotel until 9PM daily. Complimentary valet parking for all overnight guests is included with 24 hour usage and unlimited access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica