Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$416
US$400
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$234
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$450
US$423
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$582
US$308
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,403 results
All reviewsfree valet parkingspg pointsspg memberexperience specialistresort feehouse carwithin milesself parkingmile radiusfew blockssmall balconybike rentalshigh schoolnice lobbyfree bikescar serviceocean view
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 nights at the end of October. The entrance to the hotel is quite nice and the concierge people were helpful and friendly, throughout the whole stay.
However, my requested room of a king with an ocean view (at $375/night) was not ready by the time I got there, at 1PM. I do realize that check in is not until 3PM so I waited til then and the room I paid for was still not ready, however (and after checking with the front desk 3 times and being assured someone was going to clean that room asap) a double bed with the ocean view became available. I took it because I didn't want to waste more time inside the hotel instead of being in Santa Monica. Needless to say that this was very annoying, because for that kind of money I sure could have got closer to the beach and had a lot less aggravation getting into a room that I specifically requested and was assured would be ready.
The room itself was quite ordinary. The thing (and the only thing besides the concierge) that made this place a 3 on my list was the view and the balcony. It was spacious and furnished with 2 lounge chairs and a table in between. You could see the ocean from the room too.
So, I would not book here again for the amount of money that I paid. If I chose again, for an extra $50, I could have been at Shutters, or some place like that, who know how to take reservations and accomodate their guests appropriately and maybe realize that not everyone can spend $375 a night for hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
DelfinaGM S, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear leapinglenny12,

Thanks for your notes. With unparalleled service, iconic décor and sweeping views of the sparkling Los Angeles coastline, the new Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is a pretty good choice.

We do our best to accommodate guests with early arrival times and certainly appreciate any heads up. If there is a wait, we are flexible to other arrangements, as well, and welcome our guests to use our hotel facilities while we prepare your gorgeous rooms.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The reception and bar area are seriously cool with their American-chic decor and atmosphere- it's a pleasure to arrive here. The rooms are spacious, well-presented and clean with soft linens and patterned fabrics. The bathrooms have a real bath and marble tiling. The pool, although small, is open for a long time each day. The staff are polite and well-trained to deal with minor problems in an efficient way.
The disappointment here is the food; the menu is dull, the time taken to deliver the food to table far too long and it's extremely expensive. We found many places for brunch in Main St (5-10 minutes away) Perhaps the hotel recognises this situation and doesn't bother much. It's a shame because in essence this is a hotel which presents a high standard in other features.

Room Tip: It's probably unnecessary to book a room with a 'seaview' as the other rooms are mainly on the sea side and it's a long way to the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
DelfinaGM S, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear StellaWestLondon,

Your kind words are enormously appreciated. You touch on so many high points that make Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica the sparkling gem that it has always been meant to be. We hope you’ll visit again soon and will have a chance to try our refreshed menus that capture Santa Monica’s vibrant flavors!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great customer service and fantastic location. Only drawback was small bathroom, which, in my case, caused me to have to shower with the door closed and leave the shower to a fogged mirror. I would also suggest to the management staff the installation of a pull up bar at the gym. These are relatively cheap but add significant value to the fitness conscious traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello yomeich,

You are right. Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is found in the best location – we are easily accessed by air, land, and even water. (When temperatures warm up, our guests love parasailing and surfing up and down our coastline.)

We value your thoughts and excellent suggestions, and will make sure we can have our Fitness Centre properly appointed by the time we see you again. We strongly suggest you try our Hot Tub Suite for the most mesmerizing views and most relaxing time.

Please do stay in touch.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked this hotel when it was still Sheraton. And we were very surprised when we arrived and found out it is a Le Meridien now. We've got a very good clean twin room with big comfy beds. We liked the design of rooms and lobby.

Sometimes we had a problem with lobby wi fi, and the location is not as good as I thought. It's about 10-15 minute walk to the Pier or Santa Monica Downtown. Next time I think I'd prefer to live in some other Santa Monica hotel despite the fact I liked my stay at the Le Meridien Delfina.

We didn't have breakfast there, because we didn't fancy the idea to eat at the improvised buffet at the bar counter. But we had a few drinks and snacks at the bar, and it was okay. Also we used the hotel car service to get to Beverly Hills and LA Downtown, and it was more convenient and profitable than using taxi considering LA traffic. Although the one of the drivers didn't know where Four Seasons hotel is. And we spent some time checking the address and riding around.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank happiest_girl_carla

Dear happiest_girl_carla,

Thank you for taking a moment to reflect on the new Le Méridien Delfina. So happy we could surprise you with that bit of good news on the upbrand!

Your photos capture our hotel’s cool, cozy vibe. Upon your next return, I hope you will also have the chance to taste some of Chef’s featured bites at Discovery Hour, like the fried Chicken N’ Waffles and Baked Meatball Sliders.

We look forward to welcoming you back to experience more of our completely renovated hotel. Hurry back for more smiles and sunshine!

happiest_gm_steve
Steve Sowards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here on our belated honeymoon driving from San Fran to San Diego. I personally couldn't make my mind up about this hotel, perhaps the fact we were staying during the Sheraton to Meridien transition had something to do with it. This hotels biggest asset are the staff they are so friendly and the lovely dark haired lady who seemed to live work and sleep at the main bar was very attentive and very good at her job. The main lobby area is superb, very stylish and has great facilities whether your travelling for business of pleasure, the pool area is small yes but big enough and is fantastic for relaxing or having a bite of lunch (the food was superb here.) I do get annoyed with people slamming the pool area for being small, your in a city hotel with one of the most famous beaches in the word minutes away!!
For me the low point of this hotel was the room it was very small and considering we were on our honeymoon and the hotel didn't appear to be full we got a room that looked straight into a brick wall of another building and was therefore very dark. ( Bit of a come down from the sea view in Santa Barbara) The room was also noisy, sounded like rattling pipework but it just vibrated all the time, I think the noise came from the bathroom vent. Perhaps I should have complained but our booking mentioned the word honeymoon and i don't like to make a fuss, secondly I was aware of the transition and thought the noise could be building works. The hotel is about 5-10 minute walk to the beach and the same for the shopping, I do recommend renting bikes and cycling along the beaches- fantastic experience.
All in all this is an good hotel but there was something missing although I'm not sure what!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Paulat84,

I am delighted to learn that we could be your chosen destination for your honeymoon! Our hotel embraces Santa Monica’s true, romantic spirit with just the perfect range of amenities to keep our guests engaged with everything our sunny beach city has to offer. We just wish we could have helped you celebrate in a more spectacular way, as we take immense pride in caring for every reservation detail.

Thank you for all of your notes. We do hope you give us another chance to make things up to you, and that you will come back to fall in love with us a little bit more.

Best regards,