“Wow”

Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is just plain AWESOME.

Where do I start? Customer Service...from the time I pulled up to park my car I was greeted by a very courteous and professional Valet who was dressed impeccably to the first rate Front Desk staff who made sure I was in need of nothing and signed me up for the SPG awards program to the Housekeeping staff that was very attentive and friendly right down to the bartender who made my Illy Breve Latte perfectly.

I live in Las Vegas and work for a major Casino and Resorts company. I know great service and great management when I see it.

I cherish my weekend getaways to Los Angeles and this hotel hit every mark.

The modern and swanky décor of the lobby extends to the guestrooms. My private balcony overlooked the pool and beautiful surrounding residential Santa Monica.

This is a beautiful hotel right in the heart of Santa Monica just a few blocks away from the beach,great shopping, and dining.

I will definitely stay at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CrazyforNawlins
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear CrazyforNawlns,
Thank you very much for posting your review of your recent experience with our hotel. Your feedback was very detailed and as a regular contributor to TA and a local of Las Vegas, you fully grasp the concept of hospitality and what great service should be from every touch point. Congratulations on joining our Starwood Preferred Guest Program which has so many great benefits for you as you accumulate points to use (hopefully back here in Santa Monica). I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you that next Illy Breve Latte here at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Le Meridien Delfina. The rooms are very chic, spacious and clean. Huge comfy bed. Friendly and helpful staff. Ecellent location, only a 5 minute walk from the Santa Monica Pier. Self parking was complimentary. Would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank allielynn

Dear Allielynn,
Thank you very much for providing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive comments about our spacious guest rooms and friendly staff. I will share your review with our team and recognize them accordingly. We hope to see you again in Santa Monica in 2014!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean and updated hotel. The whole staff was very inviting and hospitable especially the valets. It is close enough to the beach and pier like a 10 min walk. Free parking or valet. I only wish I could have stayed there longer.

• Stayed: May 2014
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Jbaj08,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience at Le Meridien Delfina. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the staff, especially valet staff. I will share your comments with the team and recognize them for their outstanding efforts. Hopefully, you were able to experience one of our Specialty Coffees from our partner Illy, or join us for our new Sparkling Hour in the evening in Longitude Bar. Thank you for making us your choice in Santa Monica and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The suite was very modern and elegant. It was furnished with artwork and photographs. Tastefully done. There was a small fridge in the room but no microwave, which would have been nice. The room had a great view over Santa Monica and a little outside balcony. The bar in the lounge was quite pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jimmylove210,
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. As you mentioned your views from above Santa Monica, that is due to our elevated location which affords great views from Malibu to Catalina Island on clear days. We appreciate your business and hope you will select us on your next visit to Santa Monica.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a room block and the hotel took great care of us. The hotel is walking distance to the beach. The rooms are well-appointed and clean. The hotel staff was pleasant and courteous. The hot tub suites are fun and roomy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear ScotN,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay in the Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. It sounds as if you enjoyed one of our spacious suites with a hot tub on the terrace overlooking the ocean and spectacular sunsets. I will share your review with the team and hope to see you again soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I rarely ever write a review, and even less frequently, complain about my travel experiences. It is tough to convey the sincerity of that claim, but please take my word.

My stay at Le Meridien Delfina was truly unpleasant. I travel 15+ times a year for both work and pleasure, and rarely have had an experience as unfortunate this stay. The staff/ customer service was very good, and the location very convenient, but the actual hotel grounds and room were way below our expectations.

Our room was located in the furthest corridor of the building and was extremely compact. The room truly felt as if it were a just janitorial space converted into a hotel room in order to monetize extra square footage. There were numerous other items to be unhappy with: the bathroom could not fit 2 adults in it at one time, the air conditioning leaked significantly throughout the night onto the floor (which I nearly slipped on as a result), our keys failed to function several times, and "customer parking" was unavailable throughout the brief stay (but $32 valet service was, of course).

We were seriously disappointed.

Room Tip: Be specific about your room requests; we were not and wound up somewhere in another zip code of the...
1  Thank Alex D

Dear Alex D,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your experience with the hotel. I will ensure that my team reviews your shortfalls to expectations with the guest room and we will review the details you provided to ensure we are meeting our brand standards 100%. Your positive comments on the staff and location are greatly appreciated and will be shared.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My boyfriend and I really liked the Meridien. Great staff and location. Just a 10 min walk to the Pier and the 3rd street promenade.

We arrived late at night and all the self parking spots were full so we had to pay $32 (yes, you read it right) to valet our car. Internet is free in the lobby area but if you want to get some work done on your computer in your room, you'll have to cough up and extra $15 dollars. Crazy.

1  Thank SwedishVagabond
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear SwedishVagabond,
Thank you very much for providing the feedback around your recent stay at the hotel. As you experienced, parking is a premium in Santa Monica and our valet price is the lowest in all of the Santa Monica hotels that offer valet service. In the Le Meridien brand, we focus on Unlocking the Destination so we hope you were able to get out and enjoy many of the top points of interest in Santa Monica such as the pier, Getty Museum, Venice Beach, or 3rd Street Promenade. As you are a Top Contributor for TA, we greatly value your comments and I will share with our team.