“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las vegas
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Staff is very friendly rooms and hotel are very nicely decorated. Bring bikes it's so much easier. A lot of reviews on this talk about the parking garage being small it is. We stayed for 4 days and took the car out in the day and came back got a parking spot and rode our bikes in the afternoon. Great location very close to everything. The beds are very comfortable and again all the staff are very nice. Great hotel . Would definitely recommend !

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Cristy48
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Christy48,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Delfina for your recent visit to Santa Monica. This was obviously not your first trip to SM since you know all to well how valuable a bicycle can be in this area. As we are centrally located to all the wonderful points of interest in Santa Monica, a bicycle is an invaluable accessory when visiting the beach destinations. I will share your comments with the team and we hope to see you again in 2014!
Stephen Sowards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our housekeeper, Evelin Diaz was exceptional! She was very attentive and made the stay quite comfortable! I appreciate the care she took to be sure I had enough coffee each day, with lots of cream and sugar the way I like it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear LynneRicard,
Thank you for sharing your comments and review on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments with Evelyn and recognize her for your efforts in making your stay exceptional. Sometimes, it is just the little things like coffee, cream, and sugar that makes for a great stay and Evelyn notices all of the "little things" that make a big difference. Thank you for your business and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I haven't traveled much in the last couple of years but my fiancé and I decided to take a vacation to California. We stayed in two of our VHG properties and this one was the best!! I was so blown away from the greeting of the valet, to the check-in process, to the timely response of the request, everything was great.
Sonia at the front desk was already expecting me when I arrived and that was very sweet of her and professional to call me by my last name even before I gave her my photo id and my credit card. She gave me a brief description of the hotel and also of the area, since I am not very familiar this was very helpful. When we arrived we had an amazing amenity from my friend and colleague Lauro Peralta which was the final touch to the gorgeous room we were given and the amazing view that we got to see from our balcony.

We didn't spend much time at the hotel but the time we got to spend was well worth it. One of the nights I called the front desk to request a razor and some ear plugs and had them brought up within two minutes, I could see the sense of urgency and that is one of the key elements for great hospitality service.!!

I wasn't able to take advantage of all the great amenities as an SPG member because I wasn't at the hotel most of the time. Although I do plan to come back with more time so that I can enjoy all the great amenities they offer for the members.

I was able to meet Mr. Sowards the general manager of the property, that as I expected seemed very Friendly and Kind.

As an engineering coordinator I pay much attention to detail. This hotel had beautiful decor and the lighting in the elevators and in the rooms made everything so calm and romantic. The rooms were well kept along with the public areas of the hotel, everything was well taken care of and there weren't any little details that stuck out and looked bad at all, seemed as though it was a new property and very well kept.

Over all what a great stay and what and incredible property my vacation at Le Meridien Delfina was fantastic and I will be sure to recommend this property to everyone that I know. I am truly honored that I got to spend my vacation in such an amazing location and wonderful staff.!! so proud to be a part of VHG and see that we carry the same standard all over the world!

Room Tip: Definatly get a room that faces the beach they are the best!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lamascute,
Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments with Sonia and Lauro and recognize them accordingly for their efforts. Your attention to details does not go unnoticed and your feedback is truly appreciated for our review. Thank you for posting the pictures from your stay and it seems as though the sunsets were spectacular during your visit and with our elevated position, our ocean view rooms have outstanding panoramic views. We thank you for the business and please come back to visit us again.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a really nice staff. We came in at about midnight from a long drive down Route 1 from San Francisco. The staff was so helpful to get us to our room as quickly as possible. Unfortunately for us are room was next to a room with a steaming baby most of the night. I made mention of this to the staff and immediately they made sure that our needs were met with either a room change or a late check out at no charge. The breakfast was pricey but really good! Healthy options as well as sinful ones. Once again the staff was wonderful and kept our fresh squeezed O.J. glass full. My 8 year old was so excited!
We had the cheapest room in an expensive hotel so the view was of the pool of the apartment next door. It was very peaceful. The bed was very comfortable and the comforter was soft and light. The room was nicely appointed. My boys did love the robe in the closet!
The only reason why I gave this hotel 4 stars is because of the distance to the beach. They did have bikes for rent but we opted to drive. We did go out for a walk and walked the wrong way. Which brought us to a not so nice part of town one block away. A little scary. Also because the maid came in the room while I was getting dressed at 8:30 in the morning. She knock and opened the door at the same time. Usually I wait for an answer before I walk in. That happened on the day we were supposed to check out. Now I know to keep on the do not disturb sign.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade and you will have a balcony overlooking the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dschlott
Dear Dschlott,
Thank you very much for your candor and taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. As a Senior Contributor to TA, the value you bring to hotel operations by providing a diverse review on service, location, and products is very appreciated and I thank you for that. We are very happy that you chose Le Meridien Delfina to spend your vacation with the family. I will share your comments on the housekeeping with our team for training purposes as well. We will keep the robes warm and plenty of OJ on hand for the boys on their next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here back in March, and it was a wonderful place to stay. The common areas have a very modern feel, as is common for Le Meridiens, and the location was great. Free valet parking was great, as was our room. A few of the appliances were older, but the room was comfortable and had a lovely balcony.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria1034
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Victoria 1034,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, shared, and reviewed for continuous improvement. As you mentioned, our centralized location has great access to all the points of interest in Santa Monica and easy access to highways if needed to travel throughout the city. Thank you for the business and we hope to see you again in Santa Monica.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Truly a great place to stay when in Santa Monica. Very comfy and fine rooms with huge balconies towards the beach and Main Street and top of the line service! Even though there's no wi-fi free of charge in the rooms, the hotel offers free wi-fi in the lobby. Perfect for e-mail and social media correspondence. I want to thank the hotel manager and his staff for their great effort to make our stay the best!

Stayed July 2014
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear TommyD,
Thank you for choosing the Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica for your recent visit to Los Angeles. We appreciate your business and look forward to you returning to Santa Monica to Unlock the Destination and all it has to offer for visitors. As you identified our centralized location and elevated property affords spectacular sunsets and access to almost everything in Santa Monica. Please travel safely in 2014 and we hope to see you again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

From arrival at valet, check in at front desk, bar, room service, and management, the friendly smiles and helpful attitude were impressive. As a Platinum Level SPG member, I stay at lots of properties. This one is clean, quiet, has a large lobby with comfortable coaches, large bar area, outdoor pool with lots of lounges, and close enough to ocean to walk easily. Parking of $32 is a lot. Included SPG Breakfast was very good and available all morning. Very pleased with this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear PAQ,
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. As an SPG Platinum Member and a Top Contributor in TripAdvisor, your feedback is extremely important and we are truly measured by your experience in global travels. I will share your comments with our team in the front office and culinary areas as they will appreciate the comments. We want to say thank you for your business and continued support of the Starwood brands and look forward to hosting you again.