“Great location for a relaxing break”

Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location for a relaxing break”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This spot is in the perfect spot to be able to access all of the shops, restaurants and beaches of Santa Monica - without being right on top of them and all the noise!
The on-site pool/restaurant area was a great spot for food and drinks and the lobby was large enough to cater for the guests taking advantage of the free wi-fi.
The service was to a high standard and generally very friendly.
One big positive was despite the high number of guests staying at the time, there was never a time when we felt crowded or found that we were in a noisy spot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heags
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Heags,
Thank you very much for sharing your review about your stay at the hotel. As you mentioned, our centralized location allows our guests to "Unlock the Destination" to all the points of interest in Santa Monica. We appreciate your feedback about the pool and lobby areas. We thank you for the business and wish you safe travels in 2014.
Stephen Sowards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights via Virgin Tailor made. At first thought it very corporate but pleasantly surprised by the staff who couldn't be more helpful. We ate in the resturant one night as we had walked for miles down Venice beach and the marina. The food is superb. The tuna is out of this world. Good stay when touring

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Kath R,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay in the hotel. It sounds as if the tuna tartar was a favorite for your visit which I can tell you is one of our guest favorites. We are very happy to hear you were able to Unlock the Destination by experiencing our beautiful beach strand which extends from Malibu to Redondo Beach, along with the cuisine offered by the chef. Hopefully there was a few gorgeous sunsets in there for your enjoyment. I will share your comments witht he Chef and recognize the team accordingly for their contribution. Thank you for the business and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by the hotel staff whom helped me with my luggage as well as gracious check in staff. Everything was fast and the check in staff even made sure my husband has an extra key as he was arriving later. The room was clean and there are adequate towels.

Unfortunately, the walls are super thin. I am writing this at 4am as my neighbor is on the phone and I can hear his entire conversation. Was hoping the ac would be loud enough to drown out, not so much .

• Stayed August 2014
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Boocow1,
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay in the hotel. I will share your positive comments about your arrival and check-in with our team. Your comments on the walls being too thin are duly noted for future enhancements at the property. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again. Travel safely in 2014!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a few times when it was the Sheraton Delfina and had terrible experiences from the Inadequately trained staff to the substandard rooms for the price. I'm a SPG gold member and usually only stayed here due to discounts when I had to be in Santa Monica for business. But this time, I tried it out for the first time since the remodel and rebranding to the Le Meridien and it was a pleasant surprise. Service was much better and rooms were much nicer. Due to its ideal location on Pico, I have to recommend this hotel to any traveler to Santa Monica or Venice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAELEEAHP
Dear JAELEEAHP,
Thank you for the kind words abour your recent stay at the hotel. As an SPG family member, your comments are extremely important and in addition that you have stayed here previously and now compares much better, makes me feel even better about the team and the changes of the brand. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to reach out directly upon your next visit and we will ensure you see one of our beautiful sunsets here in Santa Monica.
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the Delfina in July for 2 nights with my 9 year old son.
The hotel is a few blocks away from the beach but pretty far from Santa Monica lively zone.
The welcoming at the hotel was fair but nothing extraordinary. Check in process was expedited.
I travelled with my son and requested a two beds room. I was offered a King Size Deluxe room with a rollaway instead and agreed on that. The room was ok but was expecting a larger room or a nicer view since I booked a deluse room. I had a view over the entrance of the hotel, not really charming...
Since nobody came to put the extra bed after a few hours, I cam back to the reception around 9 pm to request to have it placed before we come back from dinner. When I came back, the bed was placed in the room vertically, no furniture had been removed and I had to do everything myself... Where am I??? It was late and thought I would rather do it myself since my son felt sleepy.
The overall hotel looks nice although the picture of pool on website is very misleading since the pool is very small.
Breakfast at the restaurant on the upper level had the slowest service ever and almost left after 45 minutes waiting. No apology whatsoever, of course...
Wifi is not free in the rooms which nowadays is a joke but is free in the lobby. This means that if you are a client that pays for your room, you need to pay for the wifi but not if you just visit the hotel and leave no revenue. Strange feeling... I ended up paying as I needed to get things done and did not want to go back to the lobby while my son was asleep. Although I paid for it, The wifi access was terrible, very unstable and the bandwith a real joke. I did complain the next day to the reception and offered me a 3G device which ended up working well.
The staff attitude was ok overall but certainly not what you expect from a hotel like this. I had spent 3 weeks in hotel prior to ending up at the Meridien as my farewell experience and I must say this hotel is ranked at the bottom.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear bchiarut,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the hotel. It is very important to receive this feedback as it helps us establish better training and service delivery for our guests. I will review your feedback with the team and ask that you send me your room number information so that we can identify the wifi breakdown you mentioned. I will review your housekeeping incident as well to ensure this no longer takes place with rollaways. We thank you for your business and wish you safe travels.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed overnight en route to Mexico. Pleasantly surprised to find our room tastefully furnished. Comfortable bed and pillows. And the location is hard to beat. Walking distance to everywhere in Santa Monica (well, almost everywhere). Stay maybe short BUT sweet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rex Y
Dear Rex Y,
Thank you for the positive feedback in your review. As a Senior Contributor to TA, your experience in global travels is well documented and very keen to the details of a hotel. Our central location to "just about everything" in Santa Monica is one of the best benefits for our guests hoping to "Unlock our Destination" of Santa Monica. We hope you had a wonderful visit to Mexico and hope you visit us again soon. We appreciate your business and wish you safe travels.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked this property with hopes it would be a treat while on business. As a Platinum Starwood Preferred member, I've stayed in countless Starwood properties. I assumed a level of luxury with Le Meridien and was very disappointed. My room and the amentites were on par with the Hilton Garden in Hollywood. The hotel public areas are cramped. They hardly recognize you as a member of the loyalty program. My room faced the street. Overall I would not pay the price to stay in this hotel again. Even under renovation, the Sheratan in downtown is a nicer property and half the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool away from the street