“Nicely located !”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miramar, Florida
“Nicely located !”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a very nice hotel in Santa Monica, close to some exclusive shops, and within adequate range to downtown Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Malibu, L.A.... The beach is one block away, but you can enjoy the nice pacific view from your room, if facing the pacific and from the higher floor. You could also see the famous Santa Monica Pier, seen in many movies. The beach is a block away, the only reason I did not give it a 5, but the road is so narrow that it almost feels like you are right on the sands. The hotel is nicely kept, clean, and impressive. Adequate choice of restaurant, price within expected range for such a hotel. 2 hotels are a few feet away form thsi one and right on the beach, but way too expensive for most. The price range for this one was more than adequate for this hotel class. I would reccomend it.

Room Tip: high floor, pacific front with a view of the Pier
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

I need my room to be coolish (19 degrees) in order for me to sleep; so I complained when my room was way too warm (yes in May). They moved me but next room wasn't much better but I could leave windows opened which helped. And I got a better view. I agree with others that the price doesn't equal expectations. Thank god for the view hey? Outdoor areas are great - breakfast is a treat and nighttime drinks with flame heaters are magical times. Must admit hotel impressed my Santa Monica mates.

Food okay but nothing spectacular cept the view, it is a bit of a walk to shopping but only about 10 mins. Would stay if there's a bargain price on one of the websites. Def wouldn't pay more than usd300 per night tho.

My personal pref still Bev Hills Hilton :)

• Stayed May 2012
New York
Reviewed 22 November 2012

First the good news. The hotel property is beautiful and the location perfect. It could of, and should of, been a wonderful stay. Two major negatives that ruined my stay.
1) woke up on my third morning to have a workman standing directly outside my 4 th floor window.
The hotel had neglected to inform me they were going to be doing work outside my window. Workman then proceeded to much banging with a hammer.
2) that same morning, there was no hot water at all for the entire morning. Had to take a cold shower.the front desk staff are the worst trained staff of any hotel I have stayed in. It's as if they are hired for their stupity.

3 Thank StevenEk
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I haven't travelled much so it probably doesn't take to much to impress me but my jaw did drop when I entered the beautiful Loews at Santa Monica. I think I was more impressed with the lobby than our room! ha. I think our experience may have been different if we hadn't of received a room upgrade as we had amazing views looking out over the pool and onto Santa Monica Pier which was definitely the most exciting thing about staying here. The room was reasonable, fairly compact but fresh and tidy (the beds were extremely comfortable!), I would of expected a little more for the price tag but with the room upgrade I really can't complain! I would say you are mainly paying for location though..it is right next to the pier and within walking distance of third street promenade as well as loads of restaurants. Free wi-fi is only available in the lobby (which is better than nothing), you have to pay if you want it in your room. The pool was lovely to swim in and when the night got a bit cooler we were able to sit by the pool by a warm fire overlooking the pier.

The view is what makes this hotel so amazing..if I could get upgraded again I definitely wouldn't say no ;D

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ash H
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This hotel was appaling. I travel for business every week and this goes down as the worst hotel ever. First when I arrived the entire hotel was covered in scaffolding for "rennovation". This was not told to me when booking. Next I am told I have a superiorr room and will like it. It turns out to be a room for those in wheelchairs. The room is large sure, but it is barren and ugly. I am told I have pool views. Those views entail me cranking my next an trying to see the corner of the pool. I also abutt a room with a large balcony and outdoor tanning chairs. I have bars akin to a prison that prevent me putting my head outside (and if that room were to be occupied I would be looking out on the balcony of another room only - some what voyeuristic. I called and asked to change rooms. I was told the only other room was overlooking teh city. Are you kidding, it overlooks construction all around., and no I will not pay for an upgrade as I am already overpaying for a room here. I then wanted to take a quick power nap - not possible as there was constant drilling from 2 - 4 PM from the floor above. It was akin to a dental extraction noise for 2 houjrs. No warning at check-in and I am sure no apologies.

The room is worn, there are stains on all the chairs.

If this is a disabled bathroom why then are the toiwels on a rack that I at 5 feel 8 inches have trouble reaching. The sink is so high that a wheelchair would have major issues accessing and the hardryer is hanging on a high shelf in the closet.

This is room 531. IF you get it I stongly suggest you check out and leave for another hotel on the beach.

Overall the worst room for 2012 out of about 40. I wont be going to a Loews again. Customer service was non-existent.

Room Tip: Never take room 531. You are sandwiched in a corner with "non existent pool views" that ar...
2 Thank heleleat4915
Worcester
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've stayed 2 nights. I'm staying 2 more. Yes, there are blemishes, but the view alone from balcony in Room 849 is worth the price for a double room ($311/night).

High marks: Bed, linens, bathroom, deep tub. Skip a massage for $135 and soak in the tub!
Low marks: Tired carpeting in rooms and lobby, noise traveling between room dividing doors.

Attention Motorists: Valet only accessible garage is $35/night. A block and a half away on Colorado there's a well-lit public garage for $14/night. Two of the last four nights I found a parking spot on the street directly across the street from the hotel next to the beach. No charge. No tax. No tip.

Room Tip: Lobby is on 4th floor of 8 story property. If you're interested in improving your view of the o...
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

I am not sure what I think of this place. It was expensive BUT it was a perfect location.
The room was tiny BUT we did have views of muscle beach. It wasnt spectacular though and I think that's what I was expecting.
After reading other reviews I would be more than happy to try out The Shore next time.
On the other hand I'm not completely unhappy with Loews. I guess it didn't really have that special quality I was expecting. It was pretty good but not excellent if you know that I mean.

• Stayed September 2012