Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$416
US$400
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$594
US$516
Fairmont.com
  • Beachfront
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
US$784
US$308
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,803 results
All reviewsfire pitpool deckmuscle beachocean viewsanta monica beachferris wheelgreat poolbeautiful hotelper dayvalet parkingamazing locationthird street promenadelos angelesfew blocksvinepierconcierge
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We as a family(2 ADULTS 4 CHILDREN) ,
Have our family holidays over new year. Traveled fron england and tired when we got to the hotel. THE FIRST THING , We coultn't find the entrance After driving around the block 3 times. We were informed they had building work going on. (WELL THE SCAFOLDING WAS A BIT OF A GIVE AWAY).The room vas at the side of the hotel( LOOKING OUT AT RUBBISH AND HOMELESS PEOPLE GOING THROUGH BINS).The doors were only able to open about 3INS as the railings outside had been taken down. The following morning we changed rooms again to a beach view. Which would have been lovely except fot the LORRIES, MACHINES AND WORK MEN. After 3 days we had enough, there were even materials around the pool . IT WAS HORRIBLE. WHEN THE CHILDREN ASKED WAS THERE ANYTHING IN THE HOTEL FOR THEM TO DO , THEY WERE OFFERED A CHESS BOARD.
SANTA MONICA WAS VERY DISAPOINTING Lots of homeless people every where. When we asked about this, we were told"THEY HAVE SHOWERS, TOILETS AND A LOVELY VIEW". THATS NICE.
THE ONLY GOOD THING I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT WE GOT A FLIGHT HOME 5 DAYS EARLY AND THE HOTEL IS CLOSE TO THE BEACH

Room Tip: room's with beach view are better
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
LoewsSantaMonica, General Manager at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Tess461
Thank you for choosing Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel for your family holiday. The Santa Monica area draws people from all over the world, and we appreciate your decision to stay with us. We want to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered as a result of the façade renovation taking place during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us, and It is what we continually strive to achieve. I invite you to please contact me directly as I would like to further discuss the details of your visit to our hotel.
Kindest regards,
Paul Leclerc – Managing Director

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I know previous reviews have been harsh to say the least. Had I not already booked and pre-paid for loews I probably would have reconsidered. But I have had a really nice stay. I was on level 7 in an obviously refurbished room - and it was lovely. Some finishes (ie. painting) looked a bit dodgy but overall a comfortable room. Great view of the pier and small balcony. Downsides...I had an interconnecting room which meant I could hear some noise from my unknown neighbors. Wifi only free in lobby. But biggest disappointment...when checking in the receptionist wanted to authorize $100 per night! I was only staying 2 nights but when I asked what would you authorize if I was staying 6 nights (a stay at another hotel I had just come from)? And he replied we would take $600. Are you kidding me? That's alot from the minibar!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank nursetracey
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Great weather and great location. Within walking distance of lots of places in Santa Monica. Enjoyed our room and the views. Poolside was crowded, and restaurants were only average. Convenience factor a major plus, but not a top choice for romantic getaway!

Room Tip: High floor with ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed there two nights. The first night we were put in a room that wasn't at all what we expected for $300+/night. My first impression was it resembled a old warn out Holiday Inn. We finally ended up moving rooms, because there was a leak coming through the ceiling! Then, after moving rooms I realized that I had left a new shirt behind (Christmas present to boot). When I told the front desk this and exactly where to find it, I was told it was not there and could not be found. I know someone at the hotel took the shirt, because I had just taken it off and placed it on the towel rack a couple of hours earlier. I talked to at least 3 front desk people and 2 security personnel about this and it still did not turn up. So needless to say we're very disappointed first with the condition of the rooms and second with the honesty of some of the employees.

Room Tip: If you do choose to say here, try to get one of the upper rooms. The rooms in the lower 3 floors look very worn and outdated.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ShirtlessInVictoria
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The rooms are very average so make sure you book one that has a verandah and a view of the beach. You have a full view of the pier at night time which is really gorgeous.

However make sure you don't stay on a night when they have a big corporate event. We were kept awake until after midnight with thumping music.

Location is terrific as it's a close walk to the shops and also Venice Beach. Perfect for a night or two if you're travelling from overseas to New York. A good spot to rest and revive before the next plane flight.

A short stroll and you'll find a couple of good spots for dinner including Shutters - which is in my view, a nicer place to stay. The restaurant at Casa Del Mar is also excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends