“Awesome job Shore team!”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Shore hotel for 3 nights. I have stayed at other hotels in the area but none of them compare to the Shore. As very special thanks to Joel, Derek, and Jim at the front desk. They are the shining stars at the hotel and helped me with dinner arrangements, special room requests, and advice on places to check out while in Santa Monica. Great job guys! The next time I am in Santa Monica I will be SURE to stay at the Shore again.

Chris

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

ChrisBowen4,

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the mention regarding Shore Hotel as incomparable. I will pass along your praise to Joel, Derek and Jim as they will be glad to hear how their interactions helped create a pleasing memory of our property. We look forward to your return soon! Thanks you again.

Joseph Heywood
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Lovely hotel. The reception staff were friendly upon check in, and the hotel is in a great location and close to shopping/restaurants etc. The only drawback to the room was the bathroom. You had to lower a blind if you wanted privacy in the shower - which is fine if you are holidaying by yourself or a partner etc.
We did have one surprise while we were sitting on the blacony late one night, there was a man who had climbed on top of the building where McDonalds is located, and he gave us a fright as he was about 2 metres from the side of our balcony. He had a balclava on, and said it was a Halloween prank. Not overly funny.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jim S, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

CaliLover74

Thank you for your review. The fact that you would stay with us again is a true testament to our commitment in ensuring a great experience for each guest. The friendliness of the guest services team is definitely noticeable and unique for the ‘stuffiness’ usually associated with luxury properties. Also, our location truly is second to none. I apologize that you had an incident with one of Santa Monica’s more colorful residents, but I assure you our security team is quick to respond in any situation regarding the safety of our guests. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I recently stayed at this very chic hotel and I could not have been more impressed. The service is top shelf and the staff is warm and attentive. Special shout out to Ms. Shaolin who went the extra mile to make sure that my stay was the best. Keep up the good work Shaolin!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Nancy M,

Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We are beyond thrilled that we were able to impress! From the modern design, to the incredible staff we definitely try to give a ‘chic’ feeling. ! I will also definitely pass along your praise to Shaolin. She is an amazing example of our team’s warmth and attentiveness to each guest. Thanks again and we can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here with our 2 young children, and our overall experience was fantastic. The front desk staff are always helpful. From our check in day where we arrived from a 12 hour flight to be told our room wasn't ready. When we told the front desk staff how far we had travelled they located a room for us straight away. They have been so helpful with all requests like car hire, organising a town car to take us to Anaheim and all our other little day to day questions. Location could not be better with the hotel being almost opposite the Pier and in walking distance to the shopping promenade. The pool and spa are great and was so useful with the children. We had a pram delivered the day before we arrived and there were no issues with them accepting delivery on our behalf. The rooms are not the largest, but they are clean and more than comfortable. The children loved the shower! It is not the cheapest hotel but it is worth the extra that you pay. We have loved it and will be sad to check out in the morning.

2  Thank Liddarfamily
Jim S, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Liddarfamily,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for such high praise. As you noticed, our front desk team truly listens to our guest’s needs and does everything to make them as comfortable as possible. I am very pleased to hear that they were able to accommodate an early check in after your long flight and take care of all your requests. They thrive in customer service and live by our motto, ‘Anything… Everything… Your escape is our passion.’ Guests can be assured that while staying at Shore Hotel, their needs are taken care of and the stresses of everyday life are minimized. Thanks again and we can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We travel to Santa Monica 5 times a year and now we have found our home away from home. Great location, excellent service. Spacious rooms, amazing front desk with vast knowledge of LA area. Clean, green, beautiful hotel that is walking distance to the Pier. Stay here next time you are in Santa Monica or LA.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jim S, Assistant Front Offfice Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Linda I,

We are thrilled we have become your new favorite hotel in Santa Monica! Also, thank you so much for your review. Since opening we have aimed to create amazing style with amazing service. Knowing we have succeeded with you is a true testament to this dedication. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Shore and I would like to make mention of the exceptional service we received from Derek, he went above and beyond to help us with a problem we had with making international calls whilst staying here, I am so greatful as it could of ruined our holiday.

Melbournefamilyx4,

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled my agents surpassed your expectations and truly gave you amazing service. They certainly are an amazing group of hoteliers that go above and beyond for each guest. I will pass along your praise to all of them, especially Derek. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have just returned from 5 days in Santa Monica. While we loved the Santa Monica area, our experience at the Shore Hotel was mixed. The hotel is clean, modern and in a great area. Housekeeping staff are second to none. However, upon booking the hotel, we were told by staff at the front desk that the hotel is directly on the ocean. This is not the case. The hotel is across the street from the ocean on a very busy Ocean Avenue. This was disappointing as other hotels we considered were in fact directly on the ocean/beach. The most upsetting experience I have encountered at any hotel was the treatment from the front desk staff. When our room was not ready by check-in at 4 pm we received identical rehearsed responses from any staff member we spoke to. It was almost as if they had a prepared list of exscuses ready. Instead of apologies or accomodations for the late check-in at 4:30 pm, my husband was treated with flippant and sarcastic remarks from staff members any time he checked on the status of our room. I actually tried to avoid approaching the front desk for anything during our stay as I did not want to experience similar treatment. If you are looking for a hotel that has twenty-something staff members who are condescending and snide, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Ann K,

Thank you taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. That being said, I would like to apologize that your experience did not match the level of service that majority of our guests have encountered. I am confident in our staff’s ability to exceed expectations and provide friendly communication on a daily basis and know this was an isolated experience which is not the norm of our culture. I will contact your account to locate areas where we fell short, allowing my team to see areas that may need improving. Please allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation by inviting you back as I am more than confident your second experience will ring tones of five star services. Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel, we look forward to your return soon.

Joseph Heywood