“First class, first rate hotel”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Monica, California
“First class, first rate hotel”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent two nights at the Shore Hotel. Our review is for the excellent staff and service they provided during our stay. From the wonderful hospitality at check in to the courtesy of the valet attendents. We received a first class response to a request regarding our room from the front desk/manager. We vacation often and stay at very nice hotels around the world. We highly recommend staying here with family or a romantic get away. The Shore Hotel is ranked #1 for vacationing on the west coast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trish W
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Trish W.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear your kind comments about the courteousy of our staff. We strive to only exceed guest expectations. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I frequently travel for business in Santa Monica and usually stay at The Lowes or The Fairmont. I have seen the reviews for the Shore Hotel and decided to try it out. From the moment I pulled up I was greeted by Wayne in valet parking and then introduced to Randall, a bellman who escorted me to the front desk. The customer service agents at the reception desk were very accomodating not to mention my check in was seamless. I was extremly impressed this was a ego friendly hotel with so many great ammenities, this hotel is beautiful! My room was extremley clean and room service is top notch!! If you want a great 5 star experience I highly recommend the Shore Hotel, this is my new home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer K
Jennifer K.,

Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded when you stayed with us. Out entire team takes pride in doing the job right; here at Shore Hotel and we only strive to make things better! I will also share your great comments with Randall and Wayne! I'm hopeful that we will not just be your destination of choice for business but for pleasure as well!
Ladera Ranch, California, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. My husband and I wanted a nice romantic weekend getaway and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The decor is modern and sleek but it still has an inviting feel. We thought the staff was top notch as we'll. We enjoyed a ocean view room which was comfortable and very clean.
The location is great for enjoying Santa Monica. We easily walked to the Pier/Third St. Promenade and had tons of great dining options close by.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view if you can :). The view is worth hearing some street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cristin D
Cristin D.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear that our team was able to make your stay here with us, memorable. Our staff takes pride in the work that they do to ensure that your stay with us is above and beyond. Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to your next arrival.
San Pedro, California, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great location, beautiful modern building, very comfortable rooms. Love the rain showers with the glass screens also great balconies with ocean views. The service is absolutely excellent with not a single bit of typical Santa Monica attitude from any of the employees. Spent a wonderful weekend away and enjoyed the great restaurants, shopping, and beach amenities all within footsteps of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean view. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeromy R
Jeromy R.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback means a lot to myself and my team.I am happy to hear that our team made your stay with us memorable and that you enjoyed the amenities in the room. Please let us know when you will be back in Santa Monica, as we would like to invite you to stay with us again!
Santa Paula, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I where able to splurge at this hotel stay. You couldn't ask for a more perfect location than the Shore Hotel. We liked the trendy clean vibe of this hotel. The parking was plentiful and secure despite surprising fee additionally to park. Seems like a common thing in Santa Monica and San Fransisco. Good looking staff and helpful and respectful support staff. I also noticed that we felt very safe during our stay. Security was only noticeable when they where needed. Not to mention the food was great. Highly recommend spending a little more for the stay.

Room Tip: Don't worry about location of your room. Steps from the lobby are the best Southern California v...
Green Features: I was impressed with the lighting choice and green conscientious construction. It was apparent in our room with the occupancy lighting and materials chosen in decor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmfire
mmfire,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves here at Shore Hotel! Our team takes pride in only providing the best service, security and amenities available. Please let us know when you will be in Santa Monica again as we would love to be your destination of choice!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We normally stay with a friend of ours in Huntington Beach, but chose the Shore so we could experience Santa Monica more intimately for a few days. It proved to be an EXCELLENT idea! The Shore is a sleek, modern and service-oriented hotel that prides itself on quality and environmental practices. It delivers on all fronts. Directly across from the Santa Monica Pier, and right around the corner from SoCal's best shopping street, the location is perfect. The staff were all friendly, attentive and professional. The rooms were modern and well maintained. Despite all of the activity in the neighborhood, our room was quiet and our sleeps were superb. Our daughter loved the pool and Jacuzzi and my wife and I enjoyed the deck bar. The Wi-Fi reception was excellent, and our car loved the secure underground parking. With all the bike rental places within a block or two, we rode everywhere. It was a GREAT three days. We will definitely be back. The Shore provided a First Rate Santa Monica experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite, but ALL of the rooms have a decent view and great amenities. The A...
Green Features: The Shore proves, that being environmentally-friendly in no way impacts the quality of your stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CalRover
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
TyWaite,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience from the moment you walked in until the moment you walked out. Our team strives to ensure that we provide the best amenities to our guests. We are also in the process of building a new restaurant on site. I would love to invite you to come back when the restaurant is complete so that you can experience another great addition to our property! Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to your next arrival.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Location is great in Santa Monica, close to the shopping areas and right in front of the beach, facilities are more than adequate, just looking forward for breakfast and bar in the premises.
Gim area is rather small and can get very busy, spa i did not check and do not know if there is one...

Green Features: I felt very green and at the same time comfortable...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jserrenho,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I am also happy to announce that we will be adding a new restuarant to our property in the next few months. When it is completed we would love to invite you and your family back to experience this great addition to our property. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!