“Very Nice”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our experience was a short one but we loved it. The location is great the staff very helpful and the bed very comfy. Cant wait to go back again, have had very negative views of LA but much to my surprise Santa Monica is amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dora K,

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating. We strive to only do best here at Shore Hotel to ensure that we exceed your expectations and that you are comfortable. I am very hopeful that you will make us your destination of choice when visiting Santa Monica. We hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,966)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at Shore because of the reviews and location and it lived up to all our expectations and more! The front desk staff were beyond the call helpful and the room was immaculate and modern, We overlooked the pool facing the beach so the view was paradise. Has to be seen to be believed!

Room Tip: Try and get the sea view, it will blow you away!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

SarahL0u1,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to know you found our Front Desk staff to be above the call and helpful by exceeding your expectations. When building the property is important for us to ensure we created breathtaking views that can contribute to Santa Monica’s great environment. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

thanks to danielle for making our check in process, (which was fairly complicated because we were traveling with a senior and had some special needs) a breeze. this is my first stay at the shore, but so far I love it. The rooms are well designed and very comfortable to be in. Wifi is free, a plus at any hotel these days. the location is spectacular and can't be beat. a perfect spot to explore santa monica and venice from!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nycscott306
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

nycscott306,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. As the Guest Service Manager I am thrilled to hear how friendly and accommodating you found our staff to be. I will pass along your praise to Danielle as she will be happy to hear how her interactions left a standing impression. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Thanks Shore team for another great experience! Mary at the front desk was awesome! She went out of her way to ensure I enjoyed my stay. It's the people like Mary that make the Shore hotel the best place to stay in Santa Monica!

Looking forward to coming back in early January!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

ChrisBowen4,

Thank you for the great review, your feedback is much appreciated. Mary will be glad to hear how awesome you found her service to be during your time at the hotel. I agree that employees such a Mary make Shore Hotel stand tall above the rest. We are excited to see you again in early January. Be sure to contact us on your way in so we can prep your room for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We really liked our brief visit at The Shore Hotel. A contemporary 1970s feel with current and very interesting amenities. Very pretty, very clean. A boutique hotel that is worth the visit. And, just a wonderful location.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are not too different than partial-ocean views. The difference is that you have t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

CARainmaker,

Thank you for the review. Your mentions of how clean and pretty the hotel was is well received. Our housekeeping team works extremely hard to create a sanitary environment and we are glad to know you experienced just that. Please join us again next time you and your family decide to visit Santa Monica.

Thanks,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

First review i have ever written..and honestly, hopefully my last. This hotel deserves my two minutes. I travel a ton and think of myself as fairly easy to please.

I paid $400 a night for an "Ocean View" room...please. I had to hang over the deck to see the water.

I was placed next to a room that I later was told by the front desk was a birthday party. This party included a minimum of 20 people singing at the top of their lungs. After 3 calls to the front desk I finally gave up and made coffee at 4:30 in the morning. Again, the front desk was aware of the party...

The manager sent me an email..simply stating that he was aware of the party and hoped the remainder of my stay went well.

There are many great options in Santa Monica and surrounding areas..Mr. Manager from this million mile traveler you will never see myself or any of my colleagues again. Good luck and luxury means more than a cool lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
16  Thank jeff j

jeff j,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Unfortunately it seems we did not meet your expectations during your stay and for that I apologize. Our hotel has a strict no partying policy which is set in place and at no time does our security team allow partying to take place on property. I was able to locate the email which was sent out to you after receiving the security report regarding the noise complaint. The email was intended to address your concerns and allow us to have an open line of communication to understand exactly what happen and rectify your position. However we did not get a response regarding your concerns. Please know we care for each one of our guests and are disappointed that your stay wasn’t to the quality we expect. I do invite you back to experience the true nature of our property as I am confident your next stay will exceed expectations.

Thanks,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

A big thank you to Joseph Heywood and his wonderful team at The Shore Hotel in Santa Monica.
My artist Cody Karey and I stayed with you when shooting a video in LA. We have stayed at the hotel before and absolutely love the staff, the position and the fact that no request is too much to ask. We are pretty demanding as we are working with tight deadlines and could be seen as high maintenance. We will be in Santa Monica a lot over the next years and will be making a request to our record label Verve Music that they always put us at the Shore

PS. Special thanks go to Derek, Noha, Fernando, TC and Theresa - you rock.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool and jacuzzi ask for a room near to it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sufromlondon

Sufromlondon,

Glad to see you guys made it back safely. Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel during your business travels to Santa Monica. We are pleased to know our property was able to exceed your expectations. I will pass along your praise to Derek, Noha, Fernando, TC and Theresa as they will be thrilled to hear from you. We can’t wait to see you next time your travels bring your to the area. Thanks again.