“SPECTACULAR!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“SPECTACULAR!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I visited Santa Monica and stayed at your hotel. The experience was fabulous. The room was emaculate and the entire staff was just superb. We valeted our car and we were not too happy with the $35 fee per day. All of the valet were timely and respectful of our needs and concerns. Stephen G specifically suggested wonderful restaurants and entertainment for us while we were visiting. He also warned us about the traffic which my husband really appreciated. Overall it was a great experience and we would love to come back again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Lisa B,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Shore Hotel and that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. We will also send Stephen praise on the wonderful service he provided and share your feedback with the team. Please let us know when you will be in town again as we would like to welcome you back! Thank you again for being our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The two stars I'm giving the hotel is for the very nice facility, the lack of the other three is because the customer service is terrible, somehow you have to beg the staff for everything and they still don't do or delivered what you asked. They were very insensitive to us, my mom is wheelchair bound and they wouldn't want to accommodate to best fit her needs. In short very snobbish and rude staff at the front desk including the manager, excluding bellboys

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheChocolateTraveler
TheChocolateTraveler,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take feedback very seriously at Shore Hotel and use your comments to make changes and improvements . I can't express enough how sorry I am that we did not exceed your expectations and you did not feel welcomed when you came to visit. We will use what happened as a training opportunity so that you or any of our guest will not experience this again. We would like you to come back and visit us in hopes that we can earn your trust. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time. Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is in a great spot but nothing special aside from that. My husband booked in advance a king bed room only to be told when we checked in that a room with 2 double beds was all that was available. No movie options available - just straight cable. The structure must be thinly insulated because we could clearly hear movement and voices outside our room. Parking garage attendants were kind and efficient and deserve mention. Our room was not comfortable and the hard pillows were the worst! Surprisingly and disappointingly, morning coffee in the lobby is not complimentary (as in most hotels of this caliber) but $2 a cup. But for the location and very nice staff at the taco restaurant next door, would not recommend this hotel!

Hina S,

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the experience you had during your stay. I'm sorry that you did not receive the room type that you booked and that you were disappointed with the lack of on demand channels we had to provide. I also wanted to mention that we are working on a few additions and that we take your feedback very seriously. Shore Hotel is has always exceeded the expectations of our guests and I am hopeful that we can earn your trust again and that you will be back to visit. Thank you again for being our guest.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I would recommend this hotel to other people! The location is ideal for Santa Monica and the rooms are clean, modern and bright. I loved the glass shower (although it took us a minute to figure out how to shut the curtain), it used the space in a unique, fun way.

We paid the extra to have an ocean-front balcony room and I was actually expecting the view to be a little bit more... "epic" I guess? There were a lot of obstructions between us and the pretty Pacific but nothing that was at the fault of the hotel (e.g., palm trees, etc). The Cirque tent next to the pier was quite hideous. Haha. My boo and I spent a majority of our night sharing champagne on the balcony with one of the extra fuzzy blankets around us. Great memory.

The lounge area and pool is modern and pretty, I enjoyed it's glass decor since the real beauty is just a few feet west. The new(er) addition of the taco restaurant was great -- we walked by but didn't stop in, but the ambiance was really cool and it looked yummy based on observations. Easy, FREE and fast internet (how many times have I been in a hotel that has crappy internet? Ugh, the worst) was great to have.

A bike rental place is directly behind the hotel to the east - check it out if you're interested in biking.

Also upon check in, the receptionist was genuinely thoughtful and helpful (a sweet girl from France), AND offered us complimentary champagne. That, alone, wins us over every time :)

So in summary: clean, modern, great service and wonderful location. Lovely stay!

Room Tip: I enjoyed our west facing balcony (ocean)
Daysiees,

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the lounge area and pool! I will also share the great feedback about the French receptionist that you spoke about and praise her for her exceptional service! Please let us know when you will be in town again as we would like to welcome you back! Thank you again for being our guest.
Katherne Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked into this hotel for 5 nights directly with the hotel thinking it would be nice to end our very busy holiday with a nice 4.5 star hotel, big mistake!

The reception was icy cold we did not feel welcome at all, in fact we felt they did not want us there. An hour into our 5 night stay I phoned the front desk to advise we would be checking out in the morning, they couldn't be bothered to ask why.

While waiting at the lift to go up a staff member pushed past us with out a word and pushed the down button to leave us waiting for the next lift!

We past several staff members who never acknowledged us bar the odd unwelcome look.

Yes the hotel is very clean and a great location but the care factor is zero! If you don't care how your treated and you don't need to feel welcome than this might be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: We exchanged emails requesting a ocean facing room, another fail
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Dean B
Dean B,

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you had at our property. At Shore Hotel, we do our best to ensure that our guest are receiving only exceptional service. Regrettably, we did not live up to our standards and failed to make you feel welcome. We are taking what happened very seriously and have addressed this to our team. Please except my apology and I am hopeful that we can earn your trust and that you will stay with us again.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

A unique room set up. Two balconies, two TVs king bed, pullout with room for a rollaway. Great views. Comfortable for four adults. Washroom was very small though
Never had to wait for the elevator!!!
Friendly staff. Walking distance to Third St promenade,Venice beach. Great location

• Stayed February 2014
joanne m,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Little touches at the hotel such as not waiting for the elevator or the extra balcony definitely help enhance your stay. Please let us know when you are in the area again as we would like to welcome you back to our property.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Super clean and modern with very helpful and accommodating staff. Rooms are very comfortable and in great shape. Active hotel but not too loud. Easy to get a good nights sleep. Great location with so much to walk to. Would definitely recommend for anyone staying in LA area. Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
buckross,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am happy to hear that our staff was very accommodating, as we train our team to only provide exceptional service. I am also glad that you enjoyed the design of the room and the location of the property! Thank you again for being our and we look forward to your next arrival!!