“Unbeatable Location”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Across the road from Santa Monica Pier is exactly where you want to be when visiting Santa Monica, as well as not far from lots of shops and restaurants/bars.
Hotel itself is very new & modern, rooms were great. Comfortable beds & possibly the best shower ever!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank scoot_95
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear scoot_95,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value your feedback, and sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I would book my next stay in Santa Monica at the Shore Hotel. All the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Even the cheerful "welcome back" when we returned from an outing was refreshing and made us feel important. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Perfect location, clean, valet service was great - it was all good.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Bodiebrock,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay. We really value your feedback, and sincerely appreciate your business. I truly hope we may be able to welcome you back at the Shore soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great location just across the road from the beach and the pier. Lovely rooms and great ocean views. The staff were amazing - best experience of service we had the whole time in the USA.

Pool area was great and despite the location was quiet and restful.

Room Tip: Ocean view definitely the way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear travelisg00d4u ,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to review and leave feedback about our hotel. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your recent stay, and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights... checking in was easy and quick. Valets and all staff were as quick and friendly as you could hope for. First night we had a garden view suite which usually means a parking lot but since it was ground floor, it actually included a nice secluded patio with a great common area garden space. Unfortunately the third party site I used (bookit.com) didn't allow me to request a king size bed and we were given two doubles (not hotel's fault).
The front desk were able to accommodate us though and moved us for the second and third night which was greatly appreciated considering they were totally booked up. This is a perfect location for Santa Monica and I don't have a bad thing to say about the hotel itself or the staff... great stay. Book here if you can.

Room Tip: Garden view suites are more quiet than city view (basically a view of the mall and busier road)... s...

Dear Dylan M,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and review our hotel. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit. We truly value your feedback and business, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

First, the good - the location is perfect. Our room was spacious enough for a "standard" although nothing special (and certainly no view). I like that you get room credit for participating in their green program, which involves not having your room serviced.

The not so good: the hotel is starting to look a bit dated and run down, which is odd as it's so new. The walls are paper thin; on the first night I was woken up twice by neighbours talking, and another morning, by the sound of someone else's running water. We also had issues with the internet cutting out constantly and one night, not being able to connect at all as it was too busy.

Service - staff seem either disempowered or just don't care. For example, we requested a late checkout and were told at 11pm that they couldn't confirm and to call back in the morning, when (at 7am) there is no flexibility because our room type is sold out. I find it hard to believe that happened overnight.

Our main issue with Shore, however, is the valet parking. It is compulsory at $35 + tax + tip, per day. Self parking is not allowed for hotel guests, but for the public, day parking is just $15 per day inclusive of tip. The valet was patchy, and our car was only ready and waiting for us once. The final night, we were waiting for 40+ minutes as staff couldn't find our car. We also had to pay for an additional day's parking on our last day as we weren't leaving until after the 1pm cut off. This is all bad enough - but wait, there's more. At check out, I asked for one day's valet fee to be waived for the inconvenience of the previous night. The front desk agent took the fee off, saying she would have to check with management. We don't hear anything further, but discover my credit card has since been charged for the extra day, with not even an email from management to let me know this was going to happen. What sort of hotel does this?!

I don't expect to be visiting Santa Monica again but Shore Hotel would be my last pick if I do.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

vath23,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments mean a lot to the team and myself; and with the information provided, we strive to make improvements. I also wanted to apologize for what you encountered during your stay and if you can please reach out to me with your profile information, I will credit back the additional charge back on your card. I am very hopeful that you will give us another chance to earn your trust again and welcome you back to Shore Hotel in Santa Monica.

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've stayed at a few hotels in Santa Monica, and this one I loved.
During my last visit, I even switched halfway back to The Shore hotel to fit my needs!
Beautiful FULL ocean view! Pool is great, Service from EVERYONE was amazing.
A gentleman by the name of Alex I believe was SUPER helpful in accommodating all of my requests.
Ill definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go for the full ocean view!

Dear AnthonyKonechny ,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay. I very much hope we may welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Shore for seven days for Easter Break. We could not have been more pleased. It has an excellent location as the beach is across the street and the pier a half block away. The view of the ocean from our fourth floor room was very relaxing considering that we spent the last six months looking at snow. The room was modern and very comfortable. The service was outstanding. The pool looked great but since we had a great view of the ocean from our balcony on the fourth floor, we elected to have cocktails in our room. I have read several negative reviews and I just do not understand what the expectations of those reviewers were. If you are looking for a modern, comfortable hotel with a superb location and a very accomodating staff, then stay at the Shore. If not, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: By all means get a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear mls7217,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to the Shore Hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your personal feedback. I truly hope we may have the pleasure to welcome you back again.