3,215 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean frontvalet parkingpeople watchinglate checkrandallivy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a great view of the Pier and Santa Monica beach, our room was located at the very front of the hotel with a small balcony. The location really can't be beat in my mind, and was very close to the Third Street Promenade.

The room itself was a little smaller than I am accustomed to, but it was clean, well laid out, and modern. There was a glass shower in the bathroom that was exposed to the main bedroom...but there was a powered blind that could be lowered. (had to call front desk to figure it out. lol)

The pool area for this hotel was very nice as well. The pool was heated, a small bar was staffed during the day, and their were IR heaters scattered around the pool deck as well. (it was October)

I only reserved the room on the same day that we were flying into LA, and the staff was great. The reservation girl offered to run to a nearby liquor store for me and grab me a bottle of champagne to put on ice for us.

Overall I think it's a fantastic little romantic getaway place.

Room Tip: Get a suite at the front of the building if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Inspectorfong,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your recent trip here to Santa Monica. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We very much aim to make for a wonderful guest experience in your home away from home. I wanted to thank you again and mention how very much we appreciate your business. I hope we can offer to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

we booked at the last minute and when we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront.
really nice staff and very clean. great beds. nice wine reception late afternoon.
perfect breakfast by the swimming pool.
alex, at the front desk and tony, who helped with our luggage, were both outstanding
with helpfulness and ideas.
would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: our room was 403 and it was perfect. the only downside was the fact that I need a really dark room for sleeping. there is a gap at the top of the draperies and the outside very bright lights at the hotel made the room really really bright. I understand they are getting new draperies so I hope that helps the situation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear shirleyvcalifornia,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here, and our friendly staff. I can't say enough how much we appreciate your business. I truly hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very good hotel, just minutes away from santa monica pier. Great sea view from balcony. Nice and helpful staff. Great outdoor pool and hottub. 2 minus for the small room and the poor breakfast. Eating out recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Ragnar T,

Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel during your recent visit. We know you have the option to choose where you stay, and really sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The term Ocean View Room is a misleading term. Our room had that title however looked at the back of the Ivy restaurant, you had to angle yourself to have an ocean view. Apart from that the service was good and the people overall nice and welcoming. Clean and modern, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ocean View is actually only partial
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AussieTravellerFlyin

Dear AussieTravellerFlyin ,

I wanted to reach out and offer my apologies for our miscommunication. I'm happy you otherwise enjoyed your visit. Your business is truly appreciated, and I do very much hope we may offer to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My daughter and I booked this hotel last minute on Expedia. The hotel is small and modern. It is centrally located on Ocean Avenue and a short walk to the pier. The room was small but well layed out. We were on the third floor and had an amazing ocean view.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear lovetotravel0221,

Thank you so much for reviewing your visit with us at the Shore Hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the view! I truly hope we may offer to welcome you back very soon.