Free cancellation until 01/08
US$534
US$443
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$473
US$457
  • Beachfront
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$234
US$227
US$637
US$566
  • Restaurant
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$570
US$675
US$640
Fairmont.com
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$643
US$548
3,150 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean frontupon checkpeople watchingvalet parkingrandallmarilyn
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We travelled with friends who stayed at a different hotel and they ended up changing to The Shore after a couple of nights due to the fabulous location. We stayed in an oceanfront room with 2 queen beds with our 2 kids (5 & 7) and while the rooms weren't large they were comfortable and provided enough space to move around. The balcony while not private had a lovely view out over the ocean and over the pool. The privacy screen in the bathroom did not bother us and we felt when up made the room feel extra large and added lots of light.
The pool was adequate in size and we never had a problem finding chairs or getting a drink, note that the pool is not private and you can been seen from the main street and reception around the pool (it didn't bother us but I know some people may not like the exposed feeling!).
I did not like the fact that you have to pay to use the slippers and this put a bad taste in my mouth as I think a hotel of this standard should offer these complimentary or take them away as I didn't like the feeling of being "nicked and dimed". Whilst our stay was not perfect, management were willing to listen and rectify our concerns and we would stay at The Shore Hotel if we return to Santa Monica again due to the fabulous location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hayze01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay at Shore Hotel and that our accommodations are comfortable. We understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was our first time visiting LA and we couldn't have been more happier and pleased with our stay. The location was superb with everything in walking distance and the staff was more than helpful in accommodating our needs. A few staff members in particular provided exceptional customer service. Jen and Roxanne from the Front Desk were more than happy to assist us with our car rental. Tony (bellman) was also TOP NOTCH when it came to making the guests feel welcomed. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would recommend this hotel. Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mimi R,

Thank you ever so kindly for your kind review of our hotel. I am happy that our friendly staff shone through with their attention & service. This is an area we very much strive to shine in. I wanted to say how much we truly appreciate your business, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a great view of the Pier and Santa Monica beach, our room was located at the very front of the hotel with a small balcony. The location really can't be beat in my mind, and was very close to the Third Street Promenade.

The room itself was a little smaller than I am accustomed to, but it was clean, well laid out, and modern. There was a glass shower in the bathroom that was exposed to the main bedroom...but there was a powered blind that could be lowered. (had to call front desk to figure it out. lol)

The pool area for this hotel was very nice as well. The pool was heated, a small bar was staffed during the day, and their were IR heaters scattered around the pool deck as well. (it was October)

I only reserved the room on the same day that we were flying into LA, and the staff was great. The reservation girl offered to run to a nearby liquor store for me and grab me a bottle of champagne to put on ice for us.

Overall I think it's a fantastic little romantic getaway place.

Room Tip: Get a suite at the front of the building if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Inspectorfong,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your recent trip here to Santa Monica. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We very much aim to make for a wonderful guest experience in your home away from home. I wanted to thank you again and mention how very much we appreciate your business. I hope we can offer to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

we booked at the last minute and when we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront.
really nice staff and very clean. great beds. nice wine reception late afternoon.
perfect breakfast by the swimming pool.
alex, at the front desk and tony, who helped with our luggage, were both outstanding
with helpfulness and ideas.
would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: our room was 403 and it was perfect. the only downside was the fact that I need a really dark room for sleeping. there is a gap at the top of the draperies and the outside very bright lights at the hotel made the room really really bright. I understand they are getting new draperies so I hope that helps the situation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear shirleyvcalifornia,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here, and our friendly staff. I can't say enough how much we appreciate your business. I truly hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very good hotel, just minutes away from santa monica pier. Great sea view from balcony. Nice and helpful staff. Great outdoor pool and hottub. 2 minus for the small room and the poor breakfast. Eating out recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ragnar T,

Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel during your recent visit. We know you have the option to choose where you stay, and really sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.