Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$428
US$411
  • Beachfront
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$227
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$453
US$398
US$696
US$536
  • Restaurant
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$681
US$482
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$704
US$525
US$565
US$475
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$533/night.

US$518
US$483
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$554
US$520
3,148 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean frontupon checkpeople watchingvalet parkingrandallmarilyn
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel and cannot say I was satisfied with the service and overall value for money paid. My plane was badly delayed so I arrived to the hotel around 1AM. The staff at the reception showed me a face saying - why do you disturb me? When I decided to park my car at the public parking next door, his face was talking to me again - why are you so cheap and dont want to spend USD40 for valet parking (the public parking cost USD14). His behavior was quite rude. I wanted to eat something but there was no room service available, I was given two menus from restaurants around that operated till 3AM. No help offered to make a phone call there.

The room was quite nice but I was surely expecting something larger - I booked a Junior Suite. In the bathroom I found many cards, one on slippers - you can use it and USD5 will be added to your bill. Another on beach towel - you can use it and USD30 will be added to your bill. I dont think I ever paid for using slippers (totally normal ordinary hotel slippers, nothing fancy!).

Although the hotel decoration is quite nice, I will not recommend this place to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Junior Suite with partial view means a tiny window and nearly no sun coming in. Do not take this room for sure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Jiri H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered upon arriving to the hotel. As a four diamond hotel this is certainly unacceptable as our main priority is customer service. I will use your feedback provided as a training opportunity for our team, as we strive to make improvements. Please feel free to reach out to me at christinamaranon@shorehotel.com if you find yourself in the Santa Monica area. I would like to offer a discounted rate in hopes that you will gain our trust and stay with us again. I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

Best,

Christina Maranon
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We travelled with friends who stayed at a different hotel and they ended up changing to The Shore after a couple of nights due to the fabulous location. We stayed in an oceanfront room with 2 queen beds with our 2 kids (5 & 7) and while the rooms weren't large they were comfortable and provided enough space to move around. The balcony while not private had a lovely view out over the ocean and over the pool. The privacy screen in the bathroom did not bother us and we felt when up made the room feel extra large and added lots of light.
The pool was adequate in size and we never had a problem finding chairs or getting a drink, note that the pool is not private and you can been seen from the main street and reception around the pool (it didn't bother us but I know some people may not like the exposed feeling!).
I did not like the fact that you have to pay to use the slippers and this put a bad taste in my mouth as I think a hotel of this standard should offer these complimentary or take them away as I didn't like the feeling of being "nicked and dimed". Whilst our stay was not perfect, management were willing to listen and rectify our concerns and we would stay at The Shore Hotel if we return to Santa Monica again due to the fabulous location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hayze01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay at Shore Hotel and that our accommodations are comfortable. We understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was our first time visiting LA and we couldn't have been more happier and pleased with our stay. The location was superb with everything in walking distance and the staff was more than helpful in accommodating our needs. A few staff members in particular provided exceptional customer service. Jen and Roxanne from the Front Desk were more than happy to assist us with our car rental. Tony (bellman) was also TOP NOTCH when it came to making the guests feel welcomed. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would recommend this hotel. Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mimi R,

Thank you ever so kindly for your kind review of our hotel. I am happy that our friendly staff shone through with their attention & service. This is an area we very much strive to shine in. I wanted to say how much we truly appreciate your business, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a great view of the Pier and Santa Monica beach, our room was located at the very front of the hotel with a small balcony. The location really can't be beat in my mind, and was very close to the Third Street Promenade.

The room itself was a little smaller than I am accustomed to, but it was clean, well laid out, and modern. There was a glass shower in the bathroom that was exposed to the main bedroom...but there was a powered blind that could be lowered. (had to call front desk to figure it out. lol)

The pool area for this hotel was very nice as well. The pool was heated, a small bar was staffed during the day, and their were IR heaters scattered around the pool deck as well. (it was October)

I only reserved the room on the same day that we were flying into LA, and the staff was great. The reservation girl offered to run to a nearby liquor store for me and grab me a bottle of champagne to put on ice for us.

Overall I think it's a fantastic little romantic getaway place.

Room Tip: Get a suite at the front of the building if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Inspectorfong,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your recent trip here to Santa Monica. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We very much aim to make for a wonderful guest experience in your home away from home. I wanted to thank you again and mention how very much we appreciate your business. I hope we can offer to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

we booked at the last minute and when we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront.
really nice staff and very clean. great beds. nice wine reception late afternoon.
perfect breakfast by the swimming pool.
alex, at the front desk and tony, who helped with our luggage, were both outstanding
with helpfulness and ideas.
would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: our room was 403 and it was perfect. the only downside was the fact that I need a really dark room for sleeping. there is a gap at the top of the draperies and the outside very bright lights at the hotel made the room really really bright. I understand they are getting new draperies so I hope that helps the situation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear shirleyvcalifornia,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here, and our friendly staff. I can't say enough how much we appreciate your business. I truly hope we can welcome you back very soon.