“Shore Hotel concierge Mary Strong”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have friends staying at the Shore Hotel for their first visit ever to Los Angeles. Being a proud native Southern Californian (sadly living now in the midwest), I wanted to have a something special waiting for them when they arrived in my old stomping grounds. I emailed the concierge, Mary Strong at Shore Hotel regarding my request and within an hour my friends had a fabulous bottle of wine and hand written note delivered to their room. Thank you Mary for such prompt and personal service!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Caroline B,
I'm happy to hear that Mary was able to exceed the expectations of your friends when visiting Santa Monica! We do our very best to impress and delight our guests by providing them with 5 diamond customer service. I would also like to extend out an invitation for you to come stay with us, as we would like for your to experience a night at Shore. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had to put in a good word about Raul Saldana. Our family stayed at the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica for over a week. Raul was the bartender poolside and honestly, he made their stay perfect. He was incredibly attentive, remembered their likes and dislikes and just an all around great guy. If you go to the Shore Hotel say hello to Raul!!

Room Tip: The rooms are very small!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liza C

Liza C,

Congratulations on your first review! I am pleased to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time at our property and that Raul was able to make your experience memorable. Please let us know when you will be in the area again as we would like to welcome you back as our guest!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a family friendly hotel with good facilities and right at the beach, you will find it at the Shore. We arrived to a great service and experienced exactly that for our 4 nights. The pool is a bit noisy if you're in one of the inner rooms but nothing after 9pm and if you fit on the balcony (they are small) you can enjoy a great view and great start to your day. Value for money was ok, if you use Trivago or similar for the deal. Parking was costly but valet team was superb. We will be back as this location is perfect!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NicSou

NicSou,

Thank you so much for the kind review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities on site and the location of our property! Guest service is our main priority and our team works hard to ensure that your stay with us is exceptional! Please let us know when you will be in the area again as we look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great hotel and great beach front location, perfect for exploring Santa Monica and also handy for down town LA (20 minute drive, dead easy). We got a glass of free Champagne each on arrival. The rooms are very modern but I'm not sure about the roll up bathroom blind, people 'could' see you take a shower!

The parking is also expensive but on the whole its a fantastic hotel with great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

aerospace100,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the glass of champagne upon arrival and the modern design of the hotel! Customer service is our main priority at Shore Hotel and we take pride in ensuring that we are exceeding your expectations. Please let us know when you will be in the Santa Monica area again as we would love to have you again as our guest!

Best,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel and cannot say I was satisfied with the service and overall value for money paid. My plane was badly delayed so I arrived to the hotel around 1AM. The staff at the reception showed me a face saying - why do you disturb me? When I decided to park my car at the public parking next door, his face was talking to me again - why are you so cheap and dont want to spend USD40 for valet parking (the public parking cost USD14). His behavior was quite rude. I wanted to eat something but there was no room service available, I was given two menus from restaurants around that operated till 3AM. No help offered to make a phone call there.

The room was quite nice but I was surely expecting something larger - I booked a Junior Suite. In the bathroom I found many cards, one on slippers - you can use it and USD5 will be added to your bill. Another on beach towel - you can use it and USD30 will be added to your bill. I dont think I ever paid for using slippers (totally normal ordinary hotel slippers, nothing fancy!).

Although the hotel decoration is quite nice, I will not recommend this place to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Junior Suite with partial view means a tiny window and nearly no sun coming in. Do not take this roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Jiri H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered upon arriving to the hotel. As a four diamond hotel this is certainly unacceptable as our main priority is customer service. I will use your feedback provided as a training opportunity for our team, as we strive to make improvements. Please feel free to reach out to me at christinamaranon@shorehotel.com if you find yourself in the Santa Monica area. I would like to offer a discounted rate in hopes that you will gain our trust and stay with us again. I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

Best,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We travelled with friends who stayed at a different hotel and they ended up changing to The Shore after a couple of nights due to the fabulous location. We stayed in an oceanfront room with 2 queen beds with our 2 kids (5 & 7) and while the rooms weren't large they were comfortable and provided enough space to move around. The balcony while not private had a lovely view out over the ocean and over the pool. The privacy screen in the bathroom did not bother us and we felt when up made the room feel extra large and added lots of light.
The pool was adequate in size and we never had a problem finding chairs or getting a drink, note that the pool is not private and you can been seen from the main street and reception around the pool (it didn't bother us but I know some people may not like the exposed feeling!).
I did not like the fact that you have to pay to use the slippers and this put a bad taste in my mouth as I think a hotel of this standard should offer these complimentary or take them away as I didn't like the feeling of being "nicked and dimed". Whilst our stay was not perfect, management were willing to listen and rectify our concerns and we would stay at The Shore Hotel if we return to Santa Monica again due to the fabulous location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hayze01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay at Shore Hotel and that our accommodations are comfortable. We understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was our first time visiting LA and we couldn't have been more happier and pleased with our stay. The location was superb with everything in walking distance and the staff was more than helpful in accommodating our needs. A few staff members in particular provided exceptional customer service. Jen and Roxanne from the Front Desk were more than happy to assist us with our car rental. Tony (bellman) was also TOP NOTCH when it came to making the guests feel welcomed. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would recommend this hotel. Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mimi R,

Thank you ever so kindly for your kind review of our hotel. I am happy that our friendly staff shone through with their attention & service. This is an area we very much strive to shine in. I wanted to say how much we truly appreciate your business, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,