3,220 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean frontvalet parkingpeople watchinglate checkrandallivy
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located in Santa Monica. Overlooks the beach, and in an area with many restaurants and shops.
Staff is friendly and quite helpful.
The facilities benefit from the hotel being very recent, rooms are comfortable. Room size could be somewhat bigger.
In terms of price, at 700$ per night in a double bed was pricey!

Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Jopepi,

Thank you so kindly for sharing a warm review about your recent visit. It was truly a pleasure to welcome you. We try very hard to offer top level service and are very proud of the team we have. I do also understand the rates are high during our busy season. If you are planning to return anytime soon, please reach out to myself or our reservations manager whose name is Mr. Bobby Cooley, so we may offer you a bit of a discounted rate & take good care. Thank you sincerely for coming to visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Last of our hotels on CA1 road trip and the best. Located very close to the pier with plenty of restaurants nearby and 3rd street just around the corner.
Very swift valet and concierge service on arrival, smoothe check-in with complimentary champagne during the service.
Twin queen room very comfortable with plenty of room for the three of us. Very modern decor throughout the hotel, nice pool area with heated jacuzzi. Pool open until 11PM with patio heating as the temperature drops a little. Outside bar service early evening, same area used for continental breakfast in the mornings. All in all a fabulous experience and the hotel to use again next time we visit Santa Monica.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dyavid,

Thank you for your warm review. I was very happy to read you enjoyed your visit and the amenities we offer. I sincerely thank you for your business & hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

There is only one word to describe my experience at Shore and that is "FANTASTIC"

I stayed there last week (July 14) for a week during a business trip to Santa Monica. Wasn't expecting much to be honest because I personally had never heard of this hotel before. It was a wonderful experience throughout. Hotel is situated in the heart of Santa Monica and getting around is very easy. All the renowned shopping malls and food places are walking distance away which makes this a great location.

Having being built in recent years, this sea front hotel is very trendy, modern and caters for everything you might need. It is literally a stone throw away from the Santa Monica beach with just a road in between. My room was very decent size and overlooked the pool and beach, which was a delight as you can have your curtains undrawn for most of the day and enjoy the views. The layout of the rooms is standard as most hotels but with extra space so you don't feel congested. One caution to visitors that bathrooms have glass walls and to achieve privacy you need to engage an electronic blind.

I must say that I was most impressed with the customer services. All the staff, whether they were on the reception desk or house keeping, were extremely polite, friendly whilst remained professional at all times. Any time you need something done you can trust that there is somebody at the other end of the phone who will go out of their way to assist you.

There is an in-room dining service, with food prepared by a hotel associated restaurant. I didn't order any food for the room but did go to the restaurant myself and the food was great (a separate review for that!!). Hotel serve breakfast by the pool side early morning so you can relax and enjoy the quietness of both the pool and the beach across the road.

Pool itself isn't big, but then again with everything else so good I didn't mind that it was slightly on the small side. It is big enough for a few people to splash around - if you need more there is always the sea :)

I'll definitely go and stay again.

Room Tip: Go for the room which directly look over the sea - not the side ones with partial views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Shahzad A,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities, our friendly staff, and the city. We train frequently with staff on service topics and it's quite meaningful to hear back that service stood out. I thank you again for choosing the Shore Hotel, and truly hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great welcome pack for our daughter and champagne for us!
Great room, comfortable beds, free wi fi. Nice pool and spa, with bar. Helpful desk and valet staff.
Really convenient location, close to beach, 3rd street promenade etc. Blue Plate Taco, next door is a must to try. We loved it so much we came back a few weeks later. We wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: we had a garden view room and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Puffy19,

I am happy to hear of your second return to Shore Hotel! We appreciate the loyalty that you have shown towards our property! Guest satisfaction is our main priority and to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us on both visits means a lot to us! We understand that you have a choice when traveling and I wanted to thank you again for being our guest.

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the wonderful Shore Hotel recently on a family holiday to California. Beautiful hotel in a great location only minutes from the beach. Cannot thank the staff enough for their help throughout our stay, especially when we were attempting to contact the airline in order to locate our missing suitcases! Special thanks to Tony and Randall! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula M

Paula M,
It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. I'm happy to hear that your stay with us was wonderful and that Tony and Randall went above and beyond to locate your suitcases! We look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,