“my Santa Monica 1st choice”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Best location in Santa Monica, sexy, young, newly decorated, beautiful rooms. Sometimes too pricy. Everything is walkable here, the ocean, the 3rd street shops, the mall, venice. Many restaurants around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin A
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear ron l,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review the hotel from your most recent visit. We truly appreciate your spending time & business. I do very much hope that we can offer to welcome you back again in the future very soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The value of this hotel is location, which is the best you can get in Santa Monica and it is clearly reflected in their pricing . The rooms are nice, clean and very modern. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but it does not matter since near by there is plenty of very nice restaurants to choose from. The staff know them all and can give excellent recommendations. I really enjoyed my stay, but like said it comes with a high price tag.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Pasi P,

On behalf of Shore Hotel, I wanted to congratulate you on your first review! I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the features of the room. Guest service is our top priority and our team works hard to ensure that we get the job done right! I also wanted to mention that we are adding a restaurant to our property in the next few months. Please let us know when you are visiting the area again as we would love for you to come back and visit. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean, friendly hotel right in the heart of Santa Monica & only half our from airport. We had a 2 bed room for 4 & it was a good size. Great bathroom lovely decor.
Only negative was the stale croissants both mornings!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Hilbags,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy you had a good visit and enjoyed the hotel amenities. I also wanted to offer my sincerest apologies for the breakfast item not being up to par. It is something we certainly have discussed internally and will be monitoring. Thank you for your business once more, and I truly hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

stayed at the shore hotel August 10-12. overall good stay. the room is very expensive, but the location is the attraction. the only downside to the location is the separation of the highway and the beach, but there is easy crossing. the staff were friendly. my only complaint with the hotel is being locked out of my room THREE times. My key card would not work and had to be re activated. The champagne that they give at check in sucks. I also don't like forced valet. many hotels do it, but this hotel allows visitors to self park, so not sure why their guest can't also self park. the plus is that every time I requested my car, it was available when I got off of the elevator. the pool is mediocre, they have a garden area that is very nice. you can smoke in this area. they have an all room non-smoking policy which is fine, but why restrict smoking to balconies when outside in the garden area where smoking is aloud. I did not use public transportation. proximity to LAX is 8 miles and easy drive. also easy access to other areas of LA for driving. Overall, i would stay again, but for the price, I would want to be right on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear chrisinohio1973,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I wanted to personally thank you for your business and also apologize for the difficulties mentioned. We do very much try to appease all travelers, and have found that when smoking occurs on balconies it tends to have a greater affect on the neighboring guests, so we currently do have designated areas on the ground floor levels for smoking.

I certainly have noted the other areas that need to be addressed and have brought up with hotel management. I again wish to thank you for spending time, and am extremely thankful we had the opportunity to take care of you. If your travels do bring you back to Santa Monica, please reach out to me directly. I'd very much like the opportunity to take care of you personally.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Staff. 5 stars
Location 5 stars
Pool 4 stats
Room size 3 stars
Value for money 3 stars

Would stay here again although price is on steep side for size of rooms.

Stayed here for 4 nights as a family of 4 in a "garden view" room. Had to store cases in balcony as just not enough room

Stayed: August 2014
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Alanev0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was certainly a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am pleased to hear that the staff provided 5 star service. Guest services is our main priority and our team works hard to ensure that the job gets done the right way! If you find yourself in the Santa Monica area again please let me know as I would love to offer you a discounted rate on your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time. christinamaranon@shorehotel.com

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel is in a great location and very modern. We probably could have stayed somewhere which was a little less expensive since we used this hotel mostly as a base and spent most of our time on the beach.
I can't fault the hotel for their service, this was excellent. During our stay my Husband was unwell and we needed to call the Doctor, the hotel arranged this for us.
The Rooms were very nice clean and a decent size. Our room overlooked the beach which was a nice view.
It's a short walk to the beach as well as the shopping area and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Stephield82,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your husband was ill during your stay. But I am glad to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and our staff was helpful. Please let us know when you will be traveling to Santa Monica again as we would love to have you back! Thank you again for being our guest!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We drove in and was met by Wayne in the valet, who got us set up. We were a little early and the room we'd wanted wasn't ready yet so we went for lunch at the blue plate taco and hit the beach. As other people have noted you're not on the beach it's a short walk to the sand, and a bit more to get to the sea.

We got an email saying the room was ready so we went back to check in, which was a speedy process and we went to the room with a glass of champagne.

Luggage was handled by TC, a throughly excellent member of staff who got us orientated.

The room itself is nice but feels a little small, especially the bathroom which could do with a towel rail. We didn't find the glass shower a problem, but it would have been better to have the toilet in another room, there's nothing sexy about watching that...

We were on the fourth floor premier ocean view room which gave a great view of beach and with the door closed the street noise was not noticeable.

Another problem with the room was it was impossible to get anything dry, if you're taking towels to the beach there's nowhere to hang them to dry out and you're discouraged from hanging them on the balcony for image reasons. The dampness seemed to permeate the room after a couple of nights and the AC couldn't shift it.

The onsite breakfast is weak, Jinky's around the corner was the best option, can't think of anything on site for snacks other than the minibar.

Definitely a bit more kid friendly then we were after and the pool was very noisy.

If we visit Santa Monica again it'll be on the shortlist.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toneb
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear toneb,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I foremost wish to apologize for the shortcomings you encountered. I do understand the difficulties in having room to lay out towels and other belongings, and we have recently taken measure to correct these issues by purchasing towel racks for our balconies.

I further wanted to thank you very much for your business and ask if when your travels ever bring you back if you may reach out to me directly or our hotel reservations manager Bobby Cooley. I'd very much like the opportunity to personally oversee your stay and ensure your comfort. I'd truly like the opportunity to win you back.