Shore Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
View Hotel
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Ocean Lodge Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Breakfast included
3,060 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean aveocean frontupon checkpeople watchingvalet parkingrandall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location in Santa Monica. It is just across the road from the famous Santa Monica Pier, within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is very clean. Our bedroom was spacious and had everything we needed. I would highly recommend the Shore Hotel.
The hotel also offered a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival which was a lovely touch.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which was one of the cheaper ones, I was expecting a view of a wall so was pleasantly surprised to actually have a garden view and access to the garden where there were chairs and flame lights, we also had a balcony.
2  Thank Sinead C
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Sinead C,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to our property. I am so pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the staff. We truly appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Loved it here. Perfect location across from the beach and pier. In the midst of restaurants galore. Swimming pool was great. Room was large and spotless. Best rooms are sea or pool view. The parking was invaluable. All the staff were helpful and friendly. I was really sorry to leave.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 3donkeys07

Dear 3donkeys07,

Thank you for your recent review of our property during your trip. I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel and had a pleasant time. We truly appreciate your business and do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My friend was staying at the hotel for a few days on holiday so we traveled to see her for a few hours. Our plan was to have lunch and drinks by the pool while the kids swam. This turned out to be an almost impossible task. There were only scattered single seats available so my friend and I had to start asking people and carrying large lounge chair around on our own. There was no pool attendant to help. Which bring me to my next issue. we had to leave the pool and walk back in to the hotel lobby to ask if someone was going to come outside to staff the bar. It was about 15-20 minutes before anyone came. Then when they arrived we ordered 2 drinks (margarita, rocks with salt) and asked for a food menu. I looked on the menu and asked if there was anything for kids. They had nothing to offer. So we made due and ordered anyway since it was 12:30 by that time and the kids were hungry. We were the ONLY people who ordered a drink and that took 15 minutes and when it arrived we sent it right back because it had no salt and was the most sour drink that I have ever tasted. Then we got white wine just to make it easy and the glass arrived with lipstick on it. So we took that back right away. At that point the bartender did not immediately put it in a new glass but he left his station, did a few things outside the pool area and when he walked back in I looked at him and asked if our drinks were coming. Flash forward an hour and a half later the food that we ordered had no yet arrived and then we got a call from the room saying it was delivered to the actual room and not the pool! They asked if we wanted to go get it form there and we said that they could get it and bring it to us. 5 minutes later the food arrived and was COMPLETELY disgusting. I cannot stress enough how awful it was so we called for a manager. Honestly, I wish that I would have taken a photo to post. We called the manager over and a few other employees came and we showed them the food and they were even appalled. But by this the kids were starving so I was getting pretty upset. One nice employee actually ran and grabbed us a cheese pizza in record time from a neighboring pizza place which was actually fantastic food (Joe's pizza I think). That employee was seriously hustling to make it right and for that we are truly grateful.

In the end we did not pay for the food that we sent back and they comped us a beer, glass of oj, glass of apple juice and white wine. But we were still charged for our 4 other drinks. Honestly, it was so frustrating that I just couldn't recommend the hotel for being family friendly. It is just crazy to have to wait a few hours to get a lunch order. All we wanted to do was relax by the pool and enjoy each other company but all we ended up doing was looking for service, waiting for food, requesting managers and getting wound up.

8  Thank StacyGle
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

StacyGle,

I wanted to sincerely apologize for the experiences that you encountered while visiting our property. At Shore Hotel, guest satisfaction is our main priority and we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. I have reached out to the guest that you were visiting and followed up on the issues. I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future and hope that you will trust us again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any questions or concerns.
christinamaranon@shorehotel.com

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2014

this hotel has great room, a wonderful swimming pool, and the location is by far the best in Santa monica or maybe the whole LA area. close to the pier and surrounded by great dining places. free parking and internet, friendly staff and very welcoming

Room Tip: ask for sea view or pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear alkulaib,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to the Shore Hotel. We are very proud to have welcomed you, and I truly hope you had a pleasant time. Your business is sincerely appreciated, and I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We chose the Shore to bookend a long, road trip around the West and stayed here for two nights at the beginning of August and for two more a fortnight later, at the end of our tour. Our overall experience was excellent. The rooms were stylish, well-equipped and extremely comfortable while the sea and sunset views were exceptional. The Shore also proved a perfect base for our time exploring both Santa Monica, LA and beyond. You can be downtown or up in West Hollywood in half an hour, traffic allowing, of course. It has its flaws, inevitably. The pool is on the small side and there is no restaurant. But the latter is only a minor irritant given the excellence of its location and its proximity to so many excellent restaurants on Ocean Avenue and Third Street Promenade. Our main gripe was the no show of the car we'd ordered via the hotel to meet us when we arrived at LAX and the occasionally disinterested attitude of one or two of the staff at reception, especially during the first of our stays, which coincided with the end of the American school holidays. The fact that it was noticeably quieter during our second stay might account for the more relaxed and attentive attitude. The exception was a delightful French lady named Julie who couldn't have been more helpful during both of our stays. Overall, I'd say it was the perfect location for an LA break, especially for families.

Room Tip: For a great view of the spectacular sunset, ask for a room on the fourth floor looking away from the Pier towards Pacific Palisades.

Dear GarryjLondon,

Thank you ever so kindly for taking time to review your stay with us at the Shore Hotel. I am happy that you had a good trip and do apologize for the lapse in service shown by staff that you mentioned during your first visit. When we receive such feedback we do discuss and use as training topics to make improvements. Our management takes to heart the level of service we offer, and does strive to make improvements whenever the opportunity presents itself. I thank you once again for your business and time spent, and truly hope we may offer to welcome you back very soon.