“Yum!”

Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Amazing french food with an amazing owner. Back patio is gorgeous and great for parties. Food is flavorful, rich and tasty!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We started with Os A Moelle- roasted bone marrow, crostini duxelle, then we shared the Rabbit Hash- rabbit, potatoes and mushrooms topped with two sunny side up eggs, and Basque Madame- ham, cheese & bread grilled and topped with 2 sunny side up eggs and Spanish Chorizo served with potatoes and salad.

The food was delicious. The service was quick and gracious. And the restaurant was clean, unique and in a great location.

If you have visited France and loved the food you must try Madame Chou Chou.

1  Thank Picky_Hoteler
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I enjoyed this place for our wedding anniversary. The food was good and so "French", that it tasty but too little in the portion. But it was delicious! And the waiters were very kind and helpful)) for ladies- consider taking a scarve or a jacket with you as it may seem a little bit cool if you go in the evening and sit in the backyard which is actually outdoors ( but covered and heated).

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I don't get it: Madame Chou Chou had a 4.5 Yelp rating with over 500 reviews. I wouldn't give the restaurant a 2. I should have known something was up when absolutely every other restaurant that we wanted to go to was booked solid but Madame Chou Chou had tables to spare.

It's an interesting looking place -- over-the-top, Bohemian Baroque in black. We sat outside where black banquettes were literally framed in big, gilded frames. There ends any good impression of Madame Chou Chou I might have had.

For such a frou-frou joint, everything else is bare bones minimalist. Service was inattentive at best, which is too bad because I am a 20+% tipper, on the whole bill, beverages, tax and all. There was no bread, no amuse-bouche, not even any water offered.

The menu was the barest I've ever seen, giving no description of the selections other than "sea trout", "filet", etc. And the waiter didn't fill in many details either. Just as well because anything he would have said, we would have viewed as over-selling. The food was uninspired, boring...you fill in your own adjective for "mediocre."

We're all foodies in my family and love to take risks and also to give chefs the benefit of the doubt. Madame Chou Chou was, hands down, the biggest disappointment we've experienced.

1  Thank LilyK88
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This place was a real find! Classical decor, excellent service and spectacular food! We had the beef cheeks whilst our son had the wild boar pappardelle. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to LA.