“such a lovely find”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We recently tried Farmshop for Sunday dinner and had a wonderful experience. It's their family day, so they offer a special menu (it is huge - perfect for sharing!). Yes, it does get a bit noisy because of the kids, but it wasn't disturbing.
The service was amazing, Lissy was very kind, knowledgable and attentive. They have lots of options, a great variety of dishes and wonderful cheese, chocolate and wine selection in the shop.
We recommend going there for early dinner then go down to the beach to watch the sunset :)
This place is charming. We'll be back for lunch, too. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Had the olives to start with a half bottle Cabernet (wines around 40% off on Mondays and Tuesdays). For entree, the steak for two, a 26 Ounce NY strip and OMG was it outrageously good. We've ate at them all (wolfgangs, Peter Luger , Ruth Chris, Morton's etc) and it blew my socks off. Buttery smooth, seasoned perfect, cooked to perfection and the sides were good too. Excellent service and environment as well. For desert, Headed down to Barlo in Venice for some of their Nitro ice cream..yum.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We had been recommended the Brentwood Country Mart as a great place for brunch in Santa Monica. We decided to give it a shot this weekend. Firstly, parking is a bit of a nightmare. Given the beautiful weather, you are probably better off parking a couple of blocks away (short blocks more like Manhattan rather than Los Angeles). The place is quite nice - one half store and the other the restaurant.

The pastry basket had a lot of choices - the three we chose were quite good, specially the bacon and cheddar scone. The eggs were OK. My wife's pastrami was overcooked - usually a sign of not so fresh carving. The service was abysmal. Our server was too hassled even trying to serve the four small tables assigned to her. It was a game of cat and mouse trying to flag her down or getting our food or drinks. Given the plethora of choices for brunch in the area, I would probably give this place a miss.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Staying at a hotel on the beach in Santa Monica, I was looking for a place to take the family to breakfast. Found Farmshop on OpenTable. Although not close to the beach, it is worth the drive. We had an excellent brunch - I had the french toast; my wife enjoyed the coddled eggs, and my daughter had pancakes with fresh fruit. While trying to decide what to order, I did view all of the items coming out of the kitchen - all looked delicious. The restaurant is very kid friendly, but it also is very loud. My four year old daughter complained about the noise. They have a market as well with wine, cheese, made to order items, and just about anything you need for a picnic or BBQ.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I travel everywhere and I mean around the world. I am picky and can get grouchy when I don;t like some restaurant or hotel. This place is amazing. My friends and I went two nights in a row.The four of us ate different things but I had a salad that was better than any salad I have eaten in my whole life. I had a roast chicken--huge portions but scrumptious. I had a dessert--a marzipan and lemon that was delicious. They have take-out cheeses and hams and everything you would want in your larder. Please tell them that I sent you and threatened to come back with the city of Sedona as my dinner guests. I love FARMSHOP!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank SagePrince