“Great food!”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Took a dear friend to Farmshop on Restaurant week for their price fixed menu. The items were right from the standard menu and were delicious. The have this great kale salad with strawberries, pistachios and cheese. The sea bass with an olive salsa was delicious and the peach panna cotta--light as a feather. The biggest surprise was the most delicious decaf coffee I've ever tasted. What a way to end a wonderful meal. It does get noisy as the place fills up, but if you manage to get a table in the corner you can sit close and still hear each other.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Worst customer service I have experienced. I live 2 hrs away and called the day before to order two bakery items for an event. I told the person who took my order where I lived when I placed my order. When I went to pick up the items the price was $32 each. When I mentioned that the price was $18 two weeks prior they said I was wrong. When I showed them a picture of their display with the $18 price tag, they said that somebody had mistakenly put the the wrong price on the item and the pricing error had been corrected. I asked why the new price was not mentioned when I called and made the order if they had recently such a substantial price correction and they knew I was driving a substantial distance and am obviously not an everyday customer. They did not care and would not honor the price I had purchased the item for two weeks earlier. They said that if I did not want to pay $32 I could leave. To me that is tantamount to extortion. What was I supposed to do, just drive back having wasted 4 hours of my time? I was really surprised by the manager's complete lack of customer service. The different in price is not what bothered me. It was the fact that they didn't seem to care about treating customers in a decent manner. It was really surprising to me. I bought the item as I had no choice, but that will be last time I set foot in there.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've now had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Farm Shop in Brentwood. All were delicious! Depending on the day/hour it can be crowded - reservations are definitely necessary for dinner and probably for brunch on the weekend. We went early for breakfast and had dinner late. The service is great, the menu is always interesting with something for all. I highly recommend the Farm Shop while visiting Brentwood.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a family dinner here with three generations from late 60's to a few months old, and it was just great for us all. The place was humming, bright and bustling. The menu for the adults was full of interesting combinations and choices, and everything has its place of origin on the menu, from the meat and fish, through the vegetables to the fruit. The farm it came from! The waiting staff were helpful and interested. The children had a menu of their own to choose from, and the staff provided the older boys with 'etch a sketch' toys to amuse them whilst the grown ups chatted. My son and I shared a New York Rib steak, it must have weighed in at well over a pound, it was cooked to perfection and delicious. We have taken lunch here too in a smaller group with a simpler menu, Highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just loved this restaurant. Saw it listed in the top 75 of places to eat in LA (even though it is in Santa Monica). Three of us ate there and we all ordered something different. Everyone was delighted with the quality and the freshness of the food.

They have a store that is part of the restaurant and they had an excellent selection of food to go and other items.

One tip: reserve a table via Opentable before going. It is not a big restaurant and it was very busy. We were seated on time and the staff were very good. A real credit to the owners.