“Go for the plays, not for the refreshments”

Edgemar Center for the Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Michelle Danner Acting Studio offers:* The Actor's Golden Box: With Michelle Danner* Audition for Film & Television: On-Camera Cold Reading* Scene Study, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced* Improv Workout* Casting Director Workshop* Voice intensives level 1 & level 2*Brad Garrett the Emmy Award winning star of EverybodyLoves Raymond Teaching a sitcom/comedy intensive*3, 6 & 12 month WELL ROUNDED ACTOR INTENSIVES AVAILABLE DON’T MISS THE FREE INFORMATIONAL SESSION TO LEARN ABOUT ALL THE CLASSES & MEET WITH MICHELLE DANNER CALL OR E-MAIL Michelle Danner is an actress and acting coach. Her student list include Catherine Bell, Gerard Butler, Common,Penelope Cruz, Justin Chatwin, Marcia Cross, Zooey Deschanel, Rob Estes, Isla Fisher, Rick Fox, James Franco,Salma Hayek, Sally Kellerman, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Christian Slater, Gabrielle Union, Justine Waddell and numerous others. She teaches internationally in Europe, Toronto, Vancouver, Dubai, Los Angeles and New York. MICHELLE DANNER'S techniques emcompasses Meisner, Lee Strasberg, Adler, Uta Hagen, Chekov, & the Stanislavsky Technique.Study Acting & work in HollywoodM1 visa sponsorship available for the 6 and 12 month programMichelle Danner Los Angeles Acting SchoolWELL ROUNDED ACTOR TRAINING INTENSIVE.*The Actor's Golden Box: With Michelle Danner*Audition for Film & Television: On-Camera Cold Reading*Scene Study, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced*Improv Workout*Casting Director Workshop*Voice intensives level 1 & level 2*Brad Garrett the Emmy Award winning star of Everybody Loves Raymond Teaching a sitcom/comedy intensive atTO REGISTER FOR THESE PROGRAMS OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL. SPACE IS LIMITED.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I just saw The Rainmaker at Edgemar Center for the Arts and we can't wait to go back to see more. We'd never seen the play or the movie so we had no preconceived ideas about what to expect from the performance. It was a small, intimate theater. Very comfortable. I felt like I was sitting in a chair in the corner of the kitchen listening to the neighbors interact. The actors were all superb in their roles. The only one who seemed to be overacting just slightly was the actor who played the Rainmaker himself - but after reflection, I realize that the character himself was an "actor" of sorts on the stage of life, so that was probably quite fitting for the role. The Theater troupe was Henry Jaglom and The Rainbow Theater Company. This play was quite appropriate for families (no children, just teens and up). Intermission was another story. The "refreshment" stand wasn't - I think somebody forgot to pick up the water, soda, etc. because in a theater that fit maybe 120 people max, they had already run out of water, wine, soda - and the drinking fountain didn't work. Fortunately, there was a Peets Coffee right outside the door so I'm sure they appreciate the business. If you go, be there on time. Nobody is allowed in five minutes after the start because you are literally walking on the stage to get to your seat! More than worth it. Go across the street afterward to Thai Vegan - It's a hole in the wall next to a Thai Massage place (I know - don't go there! LOL!) - order at the counter and the staff is a bit rude - BUT the food was absolutely incredible. Nothing over $7.00 - prices primarily $5 - $7. Well worth the comically inept (think Seinfeld's Soup Nazi) staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Michelle Danner is very dedicated and some excellent actors have come out of this school and community theater.
It is nice to have a theater in town, convenient and kind of cozy. Not all the plays are great but most are and its fun to watch the actors as they grow in their craft.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I just started classes at the Acting Studio at Edgemar Center for the Arts. Michelle Danner delves into the acting process in a way I have not experienced. I noticed that just from taking her Golden Box intensive. Her method combines with her vast knowledge of "traditional" acting theories. She bridges the gap between emotional life and text, helping actors develop a very specific and personal process. Her work has given me tools that I can call upon at any moment. Training at this acting school has really helped my creative process. I have reached levels in my creativity that seemed unattainable at other schools. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced actor, Michelle Danner's scene study class will meet you where you are and push you forward. I am also looking forward to taking Brad Garrett's sitcom class when it comes up again!

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Two thumbs up for cleanliness, comfort and variety of entertainment,(many of which are free or donation suggested). Located on Main Street where there are many affordable restaurants for pre or post theatre dining.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently took Michelle Danner’s Golden Box, and it was the most eye opening two days I’ve ever experienced as an actor. Michelle walks you through everything you must consider and ask yourself in order to build a rich, colorful character. As someone who has never had a lot of traditional training, I found that Michelle manages to break down her years of professional training and experience into a useful toolbox to help you get to the root of who your character is, and why they do what they do. After taking Michelle’s class, I feel better equipped to dig deep into the life of my character to create a back-story that will allow me to create real people and take my acting to the next level.