We were greeted warmly at the door after a long flight. The welcoming attitude continued at the front desk as we checked in for our stay. We were handed a glass of champagne--very much appreciated after flying. The gentleman that helped us check-in was friendly, genuine and professional. Our experience was the same anytime we stopped by the desk to ask questions or request service. Our experience at the Viceroy was so good we decided to extend our stay.
We did have a few issues in the restaurant--the service was either fantastic--like the front desk and valet or it was blatantly rude. Our first evening we ate in the bar and the bartenders were extremely surly and it was still early! We also had a run-in with an extremely rude hostess--but this was the exception.
Housekeeping is exceptional. I know that seems odd to point out but we have had some bad experiences with dirty rooms and broken showers etc. Our room was well cared for and that was much appreciated.
The hotel is part of the LA party scene right now so the lobby and bar get crowded on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. This wasn't a problem for us--our room was on the 7th floor and quiet. we would definitely stay at he Viceroy again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica