The hotel is a lovely boutique property with a very nice decor and funky vibe. I loved the pool area. When I arrived late Friday night there was a DJ playing loud music in the lobby bar. When I went to my 2nd floor room I heard nothing so the sound there is very good. The service was extremely attentive, helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the stay. The location is a little farther from the central shopping area and restaurants but all within an easy walk. It is on a busy street and you must cross the street and walk a block and a half to get to the beach. I paid a higher rate and booked a partial ocean view room. Save your money and don't bother because the way it was described on the website was not accurate. I had a second floor room and did not have an ocean view. I did nicely mention my disappointment in how it was described and the rate difference to the front desk and they were very apologetic and did make an adjustment to my rate. That told me a lot about the quality of their management. I had a plumbing problem in my sink for all three days but they did respond to it promptly once I called. Jack at the front desk was welcoming and sweet as was all the staff that went out of their way with great service. For the price, it would have been nice to be on the beach like some of the other properties but I liked the feel of the hotel versus the bigger chain properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica