Viceroy Santa Monica
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaview Hotel(Santa Monica)
View Hotel
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
Bayside Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Pool
Ocean Lodge Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)
1,710 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewbeautiful hotellocation is greatupon checklobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areamain streetvalet parkingvenice beachcasa del marlos angelesconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved our short, 1 night stay. Right from being greeted with a glass of sparkling wine, to being upgraded without having to ask, to the fun pool party, to the comfy bed. It was great. Close to the pier, shopping, dining. It was also surprisingly quiet. I recommend booking through hotels.com. It was cheaper than calling the hotel directly.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean was beautiful and avoided the noise from the pool party.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

LoriLosch,
Thank you for joining us at Viceroy. We are proud to be dog friendly and hope you were able to bring your furry loved one with you on this visit. We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourself on your visit and that you got to have some fun at the pool. One night simply isn't long enough so we do hope to have you back for a bit longer soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Found a real Gem in Santa Monica. Have tried the others, and this property is hands down the winner. From the moment I stepped out of the car, the valet was all over it. The front desk person was great , friendly and fast. I was in my room in 5 minutes. The room was in great shape and was larger than other local properties.
I had a dinner in the bar and enjoyed the food and service
Will definitely be back.
Don't change a thing !!

Room Tip: I had a high floor looking at the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

STLFritz,
Thank you for the winning endorsement. There are many wonderful hotels in Santa Monica so we are honored to be considered your favorite. We appreciate that you enjoyed your room and were able to have a great meal. We won't change a thing and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I chose the Viceroy for a business trip because of the solid reviews on Trip Advisor. As I walked into the lobby, I was thinking I'd made a good choice. The decor has a hip, cosmopolitan vibe going and the staff at the front desk was really welcoming.

Once I got my room, things became a bit less promising, but still good. There was nothing particularly bad about it; it could perhaps have used an update or refresh. It was just underwhelming. Things got worse once I realized my next-door neighbors were a sizable group of young guests bent on using their room as a headquarters for an ongoing party. This exposed an Achilles heel of the establishment: the walls are the thinnest of any I've ever experienced. I kid you not, I may as well have been in their room with them.

That started things downhill. Then things just got weird. When I first arrived in my room after check-in, I had the full complement of soap, shampoo and conditioner. After turn-down service came, everything but the hand soap was nowhere to be found. It was late and I needed a shower, so I used the hand soap as everything including shampoo.

The next morning I informed the front desk of the odd disappearance. They were suitably apologetic and confused and promised they would make sure I had everything when I got back. When I got back... it still wasn't there. I would have thought housekeeping would have fixed the situation as a matter of course and that my front desk visit would represent a sort of "belt-and-suspenders" approach, but alas, I was wrong on both counts.

After that, telling you about my disappointment with the workout room is a bit of a letdown to even mention, but a a disappointment it was nonetheless.

Overall, I just didn't find the hotel to be a particularly nice one. You can do better elsewhere in Santa Monica.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt S

Matt S,
While I'm pleased that your visit started off well I was very disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations through the rest of your stay. As you can tell from the numerous other reviews what you experienced is far from the norm and I am very sorry you did not have a great experience. I would consider it a privilege if I could discuss this with you directly. You may reach me at my direct line at 310-260-7606. I appreciate you sharing and look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I came here with a friend for a conference in L.A. Admittedly, we had a suite, so can't comment on "normal" rooms, but our suite was spectacular, complete with beach view. Lots of room, well-appointed and good layout of furniture so that we weren't bumping into each other. The hotel breakfast was pricey but beautifully prepared and enough to last through the day. All the staff we encountered were helpful, professional, cheerful, and eager to please. The bar scene in the evening is lively and young (as is the rest of the night life in SM)--and might be loud for lower rooms. We were on the 7th floor and slept like logs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at a higher floor if you're a light sleeper. If you like looking at the ocean, ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

CHCNV,
We are so pleased to hear that you and your friend had such lovely stay at Viceroy. Thank you for joining us. Though our suites are wonderful I can assure you that you would have loved one of the "normal" room just as much. We happy to know that our team looked after you and that you enjoyed the restaurant and bar scene just as much as the suite. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We choose this hotel to finish our 6 weeks of travel of the USA before we flew back home.
We stayed here for three nights. It's was the most expensive hotel of our trip, and we were greeted with a glass of champagne on check in. Our room was a lovely corner suit,with glimpse of the beach.
It is one block back from the beach.
We didn't get to use the pool, as on our first night there they had a cocktail night which started early, and everyone was around the pool in suits and evening dresses, so you couldn't exactly go swimming. The second night they closed it early afternoon for a private function, so once again we couldn't go swimming. The third day we didn't want wet bathers to take on long during back.
There was no coffee or tea in room, and at night I really enjoy a cup of tea to go to bed, and it cost us $16.00 each night for cup of tea. We're other hotels you could go down and get one down stairs if they didn't have anything in the rooms. Just thought for the most expensive place,. One of the nights when I asked to be served the waiter said he was busy with a private person. We had to wait 40 minutes to get a cup of tea. Just thought that was bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbierichardson

Barbierichardson,
Thank you for choosing Viceroy to close out your trip of the States. We are pleased to hear that you received a warm welcome and enjoyed you suite. We apologize that you were unable to use the pool to it's full capabilities. While the pool is open for swimming from sunrise to sunset we do from time to time have events poolside. We make all efforts to notify our guests of this in advance. While coffee makers and kettles do not match the design of the guest rooms we do have them available upon request for our guests. We again thank you for joining us.