The hotel definitely gives the 'trendy and hip' vibe as soon as you enter with a lot of stuff going on- champagne while you are being checked in , lots of mirrors and statues of greyhounds and things that can make your senses get overloaded!
We paid extra for a view of the beach which we got and it was nice. Considering we paid a pretty package, you would think maybe we would get a decent internet connection ? The free wifi doesn't work and when it works it is slower than the internet from the 90's. Considering that you can step out on the street and probably catch some free wifi which is faster, I find it ludicrous that such a high end hotel would make you pay $16 to get a decent connection.
There is no tea or coffee maker which is surprising , no dental kit unless you ask for one. The soaps and shampoos are in big bottles that remind you of the bottles that are chained to the walls in a hotel like an Ibis to make sure you don't run away with them. They have all sorts of high end soaps/shampoos and things for sale in the bathroom which you might mistake as part of the deal if you aren't careful .Kills the vibe of fancy , according to me.
The pool is teeny tiny and crowded most of the time. It's a close walk to the beach and to the Third Street Promenade where there are loads of shops and restaurants but I don't think the hotel is worth it. Way too pricy and stuck up. We had planned for two nights but luckily decided to stay only one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica