US$451
Doubletree.com
US$585
US$516
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$416
  • Beachfront
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$227
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$486
US$328
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$379/night.

US$726
Agoda.com
US$598
US$534
1,774 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewupon checklocation is greatshort walk to the beachlobby barocean avela areamain streetvenice beachvalet parkingcasa del marlos angelesconciergeblock
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our 2nd summer stay here.

Upscale ambiance with the beach right outside is great!!! Staff is exceptionally friendly given the potential clientele who stay here, they do a good job at making even the common folk like us feel welcome. The check in dude was really nice and welcoming (even though we were in shorts and T's) to my wife and I and that started our stay off nice. That was most impressive and would make me want to stay there again.

Oh yea and the rooms are excellent and décor is what you'd expect for a urbane hotel of this caliber.

Room Tip: try to get a beach front room. view of santa monica pier at night is nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vincentd972
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Vincent D,
Thank you for the love and for returning to see us at Viceroy. I'm very pleased to hear what a great time both you and your wife had. That is only topped by the knowledge that you were welcomed with open arms by our team. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that we can make this an annual summer visit for you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fantastic hotel if you're looking for a comfortable and nice hotel with all amenities near Santa Monica. You are a block away from the beach, a short walk from the Santa Monica pier, as well as the Third Street promenade that has all the shops you can hope for.

There is a 24-hour gym, bar lobby, pool, indoor/outdoor seating restaurant. The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms are extremely clean and the TV has enough channels for everyone. The mini bar is well stock if you are ever in dire need.

I was here for business but I would definitely come back for personal travel. Can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: There are really no bad rooms in this hotel. It's fairly small and easy to travel around. Just ask for a room on a higher floor, as there always seems to be construction or improvements going on.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tara B

Tara B,
Thank you so much for joining us a Viceroy and for sharing photos of your visit. Though you were traveling for business it's wonderful to see you had a chance to sneak down to the beach. I'm very pleased to learn what a great experience you had and that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities of the hotel. If you enjoyed yourself this much when you were working we can't wait to really wow you on your next visit for pleasure. Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We drove down to Santa Monica to stay at Viceroy after having stayed at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Upon arrival we didn't really feel wellcome. Front staff gave no information at all. Ocean View room very small. Pool area especially disappointing as pools were extremely small..
Would not recommend. We shortened our stay and went back to BHH.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mads R

Mads R,
There is nothing worse for us than to learn that one of our guests had a disappointing experience. I am very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your visit. That you were not made to feel welcome upon arrival is indeed disappointing. I regret that we were unable to resolve this disappointment and therefore allow you to enjoy the remainder of your stay. I would consider it a privilege if I could have the opportunity to discuss your experience personally. You may contact me on my direct line of 310-260-7506. I hope to have this chance to learn more. Thank you for joining us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel definitely gives the 'trendy and hip' vibe as soon as you enter with a lot of stuff going on- champagne while you are being checked in , lots of mirrors and statues of greyhounds and things that can make your senses get overloaded!

We paid extra for a view of the beach which we got and it was nice. Considering we paid a pretty package, you would think maybe we would get a decent internet connection ? The free wifi doesn't work and when it works it is slower than the internet from the 90's. Considering that you can step out on the street and probably catch some free wifi which is faster, I find it ludicrous that such a high end hotel would make you pay $16 to get a decent connection.
There is no tea or coffee maker which is surprising , no dental kit unless you ask for one. The soaps and shampoos are in big bottles that remind you of the bottles that are chained to the walls in a hotel like an Ibis to make sure you don't run away with them. They have all sorts of high end soaps/shampoos and things for sale in the bathroom which you might mistake as part of the deal if you aren't careful .Kills the vibe of fancy , according to me.
The pool is teeny tiny and crowded most of the time. It's a close walk to the beach and to the Third Street Promenade where there are loads of shops and restaurants but I don't think the hotel is worth it. Way too pricy and stuck up. We had planned for two nights but luckily decided to stay only one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

KismetJewellNakai,
Thank you for joining us. I am very sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit. The decor of the hotel is one of our trademarks though I regret to hear it wasn't to your liking. We do have fiber optic wireless internet through the building of which the basic entry speed is included in the room rate. We do offer an upgrade to this speed to allow for streaming. I am sorry however that you were not able to connect effectively. We aim to exceed our guests expectations and it is very unfortunate that this was not achieved during your visit. We appreciate the opportunity and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently returned from another great stay at the Viceroy Santa Monica. I have stayed here numerous times for both work and vacation. The location is ideal as it is across the street from the beach. The pool area is wonderful but if I'm across the street from a beach...I'm heading to the beach every single day to get some sun or run/walk all the way to the Venice Beach boardwalk or north to Santa Monica State Beach and Will Rogers Beach!

I'm a big fan of Kelly Wearstler who designed the hotel. The space is modern but quirky and fun. The beds are by far some of the most comfortable that I've ever had the pleasure to catch some Zzzzzzz's in.... I have not dined at Cast but have ordered from room service. I thought the food was quite good. The concierge also has a list of restaurants in Santa Monica as well as elsewhere if you want to try LA's wide variety of food and restaurants of which there are many! If you're thinking of drinking at dinner, I'd suggest Uber or a taxi from the hotel. Cab fare isn't too bad if you're staying local or if you're going to Brentwood or Beverly Hills it's a little bit more but worth it to avoid a DUI. No one wants to spend vacation in jail.

The Cameo Bar is a great place to have a drink before you head out or enjoy happy hour. The cocktail menu has a wide variety of drinks with interesting ingredients. Definitely stop by the bar!

And last but not least...the staff at the Viceroy, in my opinion is one of the most friendliest that I've encountered in my many vacations. From the front desk, the valet, the bellman, the bartenders...everyone is very friendly and helpful. It's always a nice to be welcomed back to the Viceroy by a friendly and familiar face.

My one recommendation is to get a room that is a high floor if you're on the pool/city side. It does get quite noisy on the weekends from the crowd at the Cameo Bar. I had a partial ocean view room which overlooked Ocean Ave. With the sliding glass doors open, it can be a little noisy depending on the traffic.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a ocean or partial ocean view if you can. Or if you're on the pool/city side, definitely a high floor as its noisy on the weekends from the Cameo Bar nightly crowd.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Gatsby92,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Viceroy Santa Monica. This means the world to us and we appreciate it. It's fantastic to hear that you continue to enjoy yourself just as much each and every visit. The fact that the friendliness of the team and their recognition of you plays a big part in this is stellar. While we know there are many amazing restaurants throughout LA you've got to give Cast a try on your next visit. You won't be disappointed. Thanks also for the recommendations of room location and transportation tips for our other guests. We've got a signature cocktail chilling on the Cameo Bar for your return visit with us which we hope is soon. Thanks again.