We stayed here on a new years break to LA. Started our holiday here for 3 nights, a very cool decision as it turned out as this was a great place to kill the jetlag. The room was hip cool and comfortable, a king bed and a sea view looking to the sea over the rooftop of shutters on the beach. Great sunsets and a very sexy room. The bar and lobby came to life after 11pm at night, good cocktails and a friendly crowd. However the hotel was pretty quiet, we checked in on the 26th ( this is not a family christmas hotel). We will definately be back for a summer stay. The staff were really friendly, not stuck up (as you may find at the Mondrian/Morgan group). Restaurant well recommended and the location is great, one block from the beach and a 10 minute walk to 3rd and main shops and the pier. Check out the library (just off the lobby) it's a great place to unwind with a book. The pool area really looked like a great place to party when the place warms up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica