“No sushi will ever compare....”

SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa
Ranked #9 of 720 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: High end sushi. Has 4 locations.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The decor is modern but inviting. The menu is small but succinct. There are preset meal options, or omakase style. But the prices are so reasonable, you may be tempted to order two. Everything is fresh and served on warm lightly seasoned rice. This is a must for all true sushi lovers. No rolls or dynamite anything....

Reviewed 29 May 2014

sugarfish absolutely blows me away. i fell in love with it the first time that i went, and have been back repeatedly. the quality of the sushi is amazing....i think that it is the combination of the melt-in-you mouth fish with the loosely packed warm rice that makes it so amazing. the service is friendly and efficient, the atmosphere is terrific, and the price is good, given the quality.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was busy so we had a 45 minute wait which didn't matter because they took our phone number and we stopped at another place for a drink and they called us when we were walking back. We had a Nozawa Trust Me to get a sample of what we liked and then added extra orders of Tuna Sushimi, Halibut and scallops. For us it was an excellent meal with attentive service.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The only thing nice about my dining experience was that the decor of the restaurant is clean and modern. The servers were inattentive, the menu and servers are condescending, telling me when I should and shouldn't use soy sauce! Excuse me, but I've been eating sushi longer than my server has been alive! The sushi was cut poorly and the "hand rolls" we're just mushy fish bits and rice rolled into a piece of seaweed, not even sealed. It was like eating cat food. I can't believe yelp readers have it such good reviews.

2  Thank rubybouvier
Reviewed 18 May 2014

All the fish is so super fresh. Rice perfecly done. Nothing but perfection. Will be on my list to visit every time i come to LA. Yammee!