“"Trust Me" you will be addicted” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa

SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa
Ranked #20 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Atlanta
“"Trust Me" you will be addicted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have never had sushi as good as this. The service is great, the sushi experience is fantastic. The "Trust Me" menu is my favorite. I live in Atlanta and find myself at our Santa Monica office quite often and I eat at Sugarfish at every opportunity. In fact, the people that manage my expense reports always call me and ask if I had been charged double :). It is that good! Can't wait to return!

Los Angeles, California
“No sushi will ever compare....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The decor is modern but inviting. The menu is small but succinct. There are preset meal options, or omakase style. But the prices are so reasonable, you may be tempted to order two. Everything is fresh and served on warm lightly seasoned rice. This is a must for all true sushi lovers. No rolls or dynamite anything....

Santa Monica, California
“absolutely stellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

sugarfish absolutely blows me away. i fell in love with it the first time that i went, and have been back repeatedly. the quality of the sushi is amazing....i think that it is the combination of the melt-in-you mouth fish with the loosely packed warm rice that makes it so amazing. the service is friendly and efficient, the atmosphere is terrific, and the price is good, given the quality.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was busy so we had a 45 minute wait which didn't matter because they took our phone number and we stopped at another place for a drink and they called us when we were walking back. We had a Nozawa Trust Me to get a sample of what we liked and then added extra orders of Tuna Sushimi, Halibut and scallops. For us it was an excellent meal with attentive service.

Denver, Colorado
“Really horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The only thing nice about my dining experience was that the decor of the restaurant is clean and modern. The servers were inattentive, the menu and servers are condescending, telling me when I should and shouldn't use soy sauce! Excuse me, but I've been eating sushi longer than my server has been alive! The sushi was cut poorly and the "hand rolls" we're just mushy fish bits and rice rolled into a piece of seaweed, not even sealed. It was like eating cat food. I can't believe yelp readers have it such good reviews.

2 Thank rubybouvier