“First time surfing”
Review of Go Surf LA

Go Surf LA
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my two lessons with Mike and GoSurfLa. It's a lot more difficult than it looks on tv :) I had a lot of fun and will be renting a board soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Even though Santa Monica does not have the best waters, the day and location we picked for the day's surf lesson was excellent. It was a great beginner's spot and at low tide the waves were gentle and excellent for me. Despite having to wear a wetsuit, I enjoyed the lesson and Mike was a very good instructor. Go Surf LA!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Today my 14 year old teenagers took surf lessons with Go Surf LA and it was awesome!! We signed up for the 1 hour lesson which is one minute from Casa Del Mar Hotel..you meet in the parking lot where most of the surf instructors work out of their vans. The kids were quickly suited up and met their instructor. We had Peter, the owner of the company...I had read great reviews about him on TripAdvisor and they proved to be right on! All the instructors, from what I observed, also seemed to be very good. Peter took the kids down to the beach and he gave them about 15 minutes of on land instruction using their boards..then it was off to the ocean. Peter goes out there with them for about an hour and time after time, he sets them up to catch a wave and then reviews what they did right and wrong after each one. I saw him even hold the board for them and get them to stand up on it, while out there waiting for a wave so that they would get the feel for it when the time came. Before you knew it, the kids were up and surfing. After the instruction was over, he let them hang loose in the ocean with their boards and try some more. They must have been out there for another hour or so and it was all included in the price($80 each)..that included the wet suit and the board! Worth every penny...they loved the California surfing experience and can't wait to do it again!! I highly recommend Peter and GO SURF LA!! They're the real deal!!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We had surf lessons with Go Surf LA on Sat Feb 16 and Sun Feb 17, 2013. We were six people the first day and four of us for day two.
- Emails were answered quickly.
- The instructors showed up at the agreed time and we paid the agreed price.
- We had three instructors (Peter, Justin, Brian) the first day (that's one instructor per two students), and one on the second day. They were all good teachers.
- When the lessons finished they let us use the gear for as long as we wanted while they supervised other groups.

We'll want to use them again next time.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We were looking for a fun family activity in Santa Monica (Bay x Ocean) - 2 healthy/active adults and our 14 year-old son. We discovered Go Surf LA - and for $80 each, we spent almost 2 hours (start to finish) with our private surfing coach, Ethan. They suited us up in wetsuits (clean and in good shape - I'd highly recommend them even if the water is warm), and loaned us each surfboards. My husband and I took 9' boards, and our son an 8' board (more difficult to maneuver, but he was up for the challenge). After a brief land lesson (could have been longer but we were itching to get into the water), we set out for the waves. Ethan was a great help in the water - helping us catch our first few waves (by giving us each a little push), and then providing advice on things we could do better as we improved.

I would highly recommend this to families looking for an outdoor activity with their teens! There are bathrooms with showers next to the parking lot so you can rid yourselves of sand before you hop in the car. Beats Disneyland ANY day!!!!

1  Thank Svensbo